Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/15-16 Coastal Storm/ULL Discussion

dmillz25

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

In our part of Long Island, if you see snow/sleet for long enough to accumulate anywhere, call that a win. And a very nice event for Nov 15th. This will be a much better event a little distance into N NJ and S NY. 

Hopefully where I’ll be moving soon (Huntington Station) will do well this winter. :snowman:

Whoa, welcome to the neighborhood! That's a great place for snow and marginal events. You'll be about 6 miles to my west, was over there today. Going from one bar town on LI (Long Beach) to another in huntington, i like it

7 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

28/15...I'm impressed for mid-November. Let's see what tomorrow brings me. 

You have all the main ingrediants needed for a good snowstorm. Sun angle is a non issue. Really only problem is the warm air push aloft which would have been there if this storm was 6 weeks from now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Whoa, welcome to the neighborhood! That's a great place for snow and marginal events. You'll be about 6 miles to my west, was over there today. Going from one bar town on LI (Long Beach) to another in huntington, i like it

Thanks! I’ll be just east of Rt 110, near Jericho Tpke. A couple miles from Huntington village but not a bad place at all. Looks like just about as good a spot as any on LI to get some additional snow here and there. The hilly elevation should help a little too. It’s close to my job which is in Melville. 

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

You have all the main ingrediants needed for a good snowstorm. Sun angle is a non issue. Really only problem is the warm air push aloft which would have been there if this storm was 6 weeks from now.

Yeah certainly not a calendar issue, only late winter could keep this all snow.  Now thru late Jan sun angle shouldn't even be mentioned.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It would be 17 -10 with this airmass 6 weeks from now. This would be a major ice storm then for the city Nw. I agree though, the island would change to rain even then.

im going with 2” here on the Uws with a combo of snow and sleet with a glaze. Coating at home then to plain rain

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic