Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
11/15-16 Coastal Storm/ULL Discussion

dmillz25

2 minutes ago, mgerb said:

It's below freezing up to around 850. 

I apologize if I am misinterpreting the sounding that I posted but I was under the impression that anything to the left of the hashed line was below freezing and from my untrained eyes it appeared to me that it was only below 925mb. 

5 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Down by you that's a good expectation. 

Lol it sucks being that close to the ocean. it either kills my snow total, like it did in 3 of the 4 storms in March, or I get a thumping.  I can get 5 inches. Pine Barrens 5 miles inland get a foot, and the beach gets rain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJwx85 said:

I apologize if I am misinterpreting the sounding that I posted but I was under the impression that anything to the left of the hashed line was below freezing and from my untrained eyes it appeared to me that it was only below 925mb. 

The purple line? That's the parcel lapse rate. C'mon, I know you didn't really think the entire atmosphere was above freezing all the way to the tropopause.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The purple line? That's the parcel lapse rate. C'mon, I know you didn't really think the entire atmosphere was above freezing all the way to the tropopause.

No, the black hashed line that runs from bottom left to upper right. I realize now what I did wrong and I can see the warm layer between 850-700mb. 

So it's warm and then below freezing and then border line at the surface, agree that it could go either way between IP and ZR.

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic