• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
11/15-16 Coastal Storm/ULL Discussion

dmillz25

Upton has 1-3" in my point and click. I'd be shocked if that verified.

Thursday
A chance of rain, snow, and sleet before 1pm, then snow and sleet likely between 1pm and 4pm, then rain, snow, and sleet after 4pm. High near 39. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

StormTotalSnowWeb.thumb.png.37d0a01c6d17d48a0f6c436d90562752.png

11 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Upton has 1-3" in my point and click. I'd be shocked if that verified.

Thursday
A chance of rain, snow, and sleet before 1pm, then snow and sleet likely between 1pm and 4pm, then rain, snow, and sleet after 4pm. High near 39. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

StormTotalSnowWeb.thumb.png.37d0a01c6d17d48a0f6c436d90562752.png

Already up 400% in some areas from initial forecast.

14 minutes ago, ILoveWinter said:

Based on the storms we had this past March in marginal set ups, I wouldn’t expect much accumulation in Manhattan with this one.

Totally different context.  Insolation now is much lower (akin to late January) than in March.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gravity Wave said:

Sun angle was overrated with those March storms last year. The last one (which had the worst sun angle) was easily the best producer for the city.

It was just warm with those storms. Temps never made it below freezing that and it was late March. This one is low sun angle and below freezing temps 12 hours before so the ground is going to be cold. It’ll stick. Just kinda mad we going to change to rain otherwise this could have been a big storm for us!

We’re only about 5 weeks away from the Winter solstice. Sun angle is similar to the end of January so shouldn’t be an issue. It’s also been below normal temperature wise with many nights well below feeezing inland. Don’t think snow will have a problem sticking if it comes down moderately. Really no comparison to a March storm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stormman96 said:

Sucks i only get 17 now. Lol these models are all awful 

The models aren't awful if you know how to interpret them.

6 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Going to be a long winter if we keep falling for these "snowfall" maps

Ignore them for a storm like this.

4 hours ago, forkyfork said:

storm after storm after storm over the past 10 years and nobody seems to have learned anything 

It's quite unfortunate.

23 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

At this point, measurable snowfall, possibly even in Central Park, seems to be a reasonable prospect. Boston also looks to be in line to receive a measurable snowfall. The last storm to bring measurable snowfall to New York City and Boston in November occurred on November 7-8, 2012.

I checked the numbers today and since records began there has only been 6 days between 11/1-11/15 with over one inch of snow and 3 with over 2.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NycStormChaser said:

NYC sees 2 or 3 hours of snow at most before the rain takes over. As Eric said above, 850s are really warm across most of PA too. Freezing Rain will be an issue as 2m temps are 28 to 30 degrees

2 inches/hr if it comes in like a wall. There’s your 4 inches that thunder model predicted 

nam looks best so far

Edit:

ccb? Barely any rain for the city just heavy snow and sleet now let’s see if the next frame shows any snow for the ccb 

• Like 1

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic