Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

35 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I will say the boundary layer doesn't look like an issue with a really good cold source and nice northerly ageostrophic flow. Could surprise to the coast. 

in the past 10 years at my current location I've only accorded accumulating snows in November twice...~0.5" on 11/8/10...and 3" on 11/7/12 (which according to my notes  was unexpected). wouldn't mind adding another November snowfall to the record books.

1 minute ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

in the past 10 years at my current location I've only accorded accumulating snows in November twice...~0.5" on 11/8/10...and 3" on 11/7/12 (which according to my notes  was unexpected). wouldn't mind adding another November snowfall to the record books.

You got robbed in 2012... places just west of you had a foot!

9 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

You got robbed in 2012... places just west of you had a foot!

I remember being happy with the 3". Like I said, I don't think I was expecting any accumulation so when we got in on the action a bit beginning around dusk I'm sure I went into full weenie mode. I should also add that 2010/11 & 2012/13 rocked down this way, so if we can whiten the ground a bit Thursday night then clearly we're headed towards a blockbuster winter. 

1 hour ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

I'm pretty sure Enfield got skunked too on the snow killing dry are funneling down the valley,  if my memory serves me correctly 4 to 5 inches up this way.  

Yeah I went back and looked barely 4 here. 3-4 range around town higher south and east.  Still good for early Nov.  

16 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

about that here.

Pre december advisory or greater events around here were Nov 27 2002, Nov 24 2005, Nov 7 2012 and of course Oct 2011. That i can recall.

If you took it back further, you probably would have gotten advisory in Nov 1989 and Nov 1995 as well. You may have been too far south for advisory in 1997 though you prob had some good sleet in that one. 

3 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

I'm going to be careful not to fall into this trap until I see this modeled all week, lol. 

*smacks head* It's Novemeber in Dorchester *smacks head* 

Coast is tough early season as it is, but that high is a little east for the immediate coast. It's prob going to cause a pretty defined CF out toward 128 or something.