Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Latest HRRR went back on the weenie train after being a bit meh the previous two runs. We'll see what the RGEM does in a few min for a last glance at guidance....though we're getting into the nowcast mode.

We'll eagerly await your interpretations of your real-time experience to help set our expectations for when it gets here.

S-L-O-W.

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

18z RGEM looks about same as 12z... 4z timeframe maybe even a tick heavier and colder... sleet advances through Boston metro by 5z-6z, to pike in general by 6z, to NH border by 7-8z

I think no evidence for drastic last-minute changes

Does the RGEM ever merit last-minute changes?

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I thought you went AWOL.

Children will do that. :baby:

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

We'll eagerly await your interpretations of your real-time experience to help set our expectations for when it gets here.

S-L-O-W.

Yeah, it can be agonizing waiting for our turn while Kevin is doing naked snow angels. 

I was just in your neighborhood a couple hours ago renewing my gov't ID at BIW. 

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Children will do that. :baby:

Yeah, it can be agonizing waiting for our turn while Kevin is doing naked snow angels. 

I was just in your neighborhood a couple hours ago renewing my gov't ID at BIW. 

I'm two miles north up-river from there.   Would have been nice to meet you!  Let me know next time you're in this next of the woods.

3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Does the RGEM ever merit last-minute changes?

There was some concern the frontogenesis might be weakening as it enters SNE (see Box AFD) regardless of upstream obs, and 12z suite uniformly trended more dry... had 18z RGEM continued that trend, I'd worry about the widespread 4-8"... "last-minute adjustments" is a better way to put it, but no evidence for any changes from what I've seen

Well just getting up to speed after my days off, but this looks like it really maxes out now and over SNE. WAA weakens as it lifts across NNE, so rates will drop off but still a good thump (say 1/2/hr rather than 1/hr).

As usual up here the WAA lift is tough to get to linger beyond 6 hours, really like 3-5 hour window. I have some deep concerns about how much snow we're forecasting when the DGZ dries out around 06z and the remainder of the column is pretty warm (relatively speaking). Could be a lot of snizzle and not much accumulation until the deformation band swings through.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

You could tell yesterday this would be a special air mass.

Yesterday's climate report had an average temp of 13F here at MVL.  -23 departure.

But for the cheap 33° max prior to serious CAA, mine would've been 14 (17/11), which is 20° BN here.  That 17 would've tied Thanksgiving 1989 (in Gardiner, as the cold pushed the snow OTS) for my lowest Novie max since living in Ft. Kent.

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Well just getting up to speed after my days off, but this looks like it really maxes out now and over SNE. WAA weakens as it lifts across NNE, so rates will drop off but still a good thump (say 1/2/hr rather than 1/hr).

As usual up here the WAA lift is tough to get to linger beyond 6 hours, really like 3-5 hour window. I have some deep concerns about how much snow we're forecasting when the DGZ dries out around 06z and the remainder of the column is pretty warm (relatively speaking). Could be a lot of snizzle and not much accumulation until the deformation band swings through.

Thumpless up here, Just overrunning SWFE like.