Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Sometimes, Its better to make less adjustments rather then yo yo the grids.

Yep. GYX's adjustments between shifts are more aggressive than anywhere I've been to. GSP office (covering mountains of North Carolina) would start conservative before working their way up or not changing anything. GYX like to be aggressive and stay on top of current models rather than working their way toward the solution slowly.

16 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

You think there's a flip to rain still in Hubby's and my area? I hate the IMBY questions but there's quite a few of us up this way now between Hubb, JJASHB, and myself.....and soon MPM will be in the area too :) 

Maybe some light 33-34F for a time? It's possible you stay freezing drizzle or light ZR.

I didn’t know we verified the warning yet? Taunton might as well put up a heat advisory with their differences. What a joke. 

I know I’ve thought 4-6 with a 7 lolli for a lot of the interior with Ryan and others similar. It doesn’t matter who has an advisory or warning. Only area I may have been low is down by Taunton. Still thinking maybe 1-2 here hopefully.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jerry, latest RPM:

Nov15_15zRPM.png

Does that cut off at 23:30 tonight or tomorrow? Seems really light for NNE.

Think the warnings from BOX are aggressive but I can see where they're coming from with it being the first event of the season and bad timing. I really like the map that @WxWatcher007 put out for us this morning for CT, otherwise take a consensus blend and throw out the op GFS and I think we're in a good place. Seems like the consensus for a general 4-8" for interior SNE and all of NNE is solid. I'll go 1.5" at Logan and 3" here (Mission Hill, about 4 miles inland).

I would agree the RPM is too light for NNE...it's been fluctuating form run to run....it decided to pull a GFS this run, but it could easily go RGEM next run. I typically toss the RPM when it's not being consistent. It's kind of like the RAP in that manner...you want to consistency from it to believe it.

2 minutes ago, SR Airglow said:

Think the warnings from BOX are aggressive but I can see where they're coming from with it being the first event of the season and bad timing. I really like the map that @WxWatcher007 put out for us this morning for CT, otherwise take a consensus blend and throw out the op GFS and I think we're in a good place. Seems like the consensus for a general 4-8" for interior SNE and all of NNE is solid. I'll go 1.5" at Logan and 3" here (Mission Hill, about 4 miles inland).

I think it’s a 23.5hr prog from the initial time. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Last time I can recall those s coast areas doing better with longitude was late December 2012. Will remembers that one. 

I remember that one!  I met wxsniss and we walked up to Trader Joe’s in Coolidge Corner.  While in the store it was transitioning to rain but thumping on the way over.  I’m at the registers paying for a bottle of wine and wxsniss has a stressed look at the window.  We walked a little and I was so distraught I dropped the wine on the sidewalk and the bottle broke .  We walked home in a driving rainstorm.  An hour later it flipped back and we did ok but west of the BU Bridge got 8+ which would include my current location.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol my hill is that yellow dot above the C in Coventry RI. That’s a first, someone did their homework. It’s 725ft there. Snow Seems high to me I will say 5 

I always liked how it could be raining on Rt 102/117 intersection and snowing at the top of Waterman Hill. Cool little microclimate spots in Coventry, West Greenwich, Scituate, etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SR Airglow said:

Looks like 9:30 am tomorrow (1430z) to me if i'm reading that right.

8 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Curious us to see if Upton ups their totals as well. They are currently forecasting less than one inch for HVN which seems a little ridiculous to me.  2-4 seems more reasonable. 

They are an awful office, for many years now. I know they do their best and it’s easy to play monday morning QB but holy moly they need help.