Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Curiously, I did not see any plows or salt trucks on standby this morning. Usually they are out plowing blacktop by now.

Not sure how much that standby equipment means.  Several years ago on one of our Illinois trips, we saw loads of snow removal stuff parked in the Rt 80 median, as a major CF was forecast with squalls and LES.  We left Clearfield next morning and in the 120 miles to the OH border, and in LES up to 8" deep, we never saw a single plow or anything else related to moving snow.  (Except those cars which plowed some as they skidded off the highway.)

I'm looking for about 8" at home, all pow.  Should be an interesting commute tomorrow morning.

58 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What you need to watch is that big burst and how the WCB does sort of shunt east a bit as it tries to move north. That is hinted at. 

Which is flag for N areas that are still well south of the mid level magic

i would love to believe this would become clear by early evening 

this flag doesn’t seem to exist for S 1/2 of SNE (Pike south) 

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Which is flag for N areas that are still well south of the mid level magic

i would love to believe this would become clear by early evening 

this flag doesn’t seem to exist for S 1/2 of SNE (Pike south) 

What flag? You obsess over the most minute of details....its 4-8"...closer to 4-5" if the "thump" is slow to arrive, but 6-8" if it gets well out ahead of the mid level warmth.

Its pretty clear imho.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What flag? You obsess over the most minute of details....its 4-8"...closer to 4-5" if the "thump" is slow to arrive, but 6-8" if it gets well out ahead of the mid level warmth.

Its pretty clear imho.

This post has nothing to do with mid level warmth 

If the thump is maximized Sw and it’s shunted east it doesn’t really arrive as advertised that robust for N areas is my point, is that not something you have seen in models ?

theres a couple flags imo, yes I am vocal about them, shoot me hahaha

i often like to play devils advocate a little , not to get under skin, but to try and gain some Clarity because there are many more busted forecasts here that bust high than low.

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This post has nothing to do with mid level warmth 

If the thump is maximized Sw and it’s shunted east it doesn’t really arrive as advertised that robust for N areas is my point

theres a couple flags imo, yes I am vocal about them, shoot me hahaha

It does have to do with the mid level warmth....if the omega "shunts east", then it takes longer to gain latitude, while the mid level warmth continues to encroach.

Whatever.......4-8".