Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

Just now, powderfreak said:

I've noticed that wording in a lot more winter weather products of watches/warnings.  I wonder if its like an auto-canned phrase that just gets injected into any winter storm watch or warning statement... I mean it's not wrong, travel *could* be impossible for someone with bald summer tires driving a small rear-wheel drive soda can that's masquerading as a car.

idk...I heard a Subaru radio commercial with the guy claiming his Subaru drove through an unplowed 2 1/2ft of snow no problem while trucks were stuck. lol

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

It actually has snowed in November like this.  November 12, 1987 when I was a kid, it's in the KocinUcillini Book. (6-12") for the Boston area. Wilmington actually got 9.2" out of that, so yes these things can happen.

Solid foot at home. Buried. It was a real cold airmass. Better than this above 900mb.

Just now, dendrite said:

idk...I heard a Subaru radio commercial with the guy claiming his Subaru drove through an unplowed 2 1/2ft of snow no problem while trucks were stuck. lol

Back in the 90s, my mom had a white jeep cherokee, and she insisted that she could do anything with her 4wd. One Saturday evening she wanted to go to mass but it had snowed and the driveway and plowpile wasnt shoveled yet. It was a decent event so the plow pile was big. She insisted. So she put that baby into 4wd and tried to punch it out of the driveway. She highcentered the vehicle on the plow pile. It was hilarious. She didnt make it to evening mass.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You went to the wrong parties apparently.

I'm on a plane flying back home from Michigan, and laughed out loud in the cabin at this.  

6 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Oh god, for a fleeting moment i forgot that TWC named theses things...Avery on deck...ugh

Don't remind us :[  

Good News: I already saw my First Snow and First Snowfall Accumulation in Lansing, Michigan on Monday, AND will be in Lebanon, VT Friday!  Hoping they get a Foot!  

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I've noticed that wording in a lot more winter weather products of watches/warnings.  I wonder if its like an auto-canned phrase that just gets injected into any winter storm watch or warning statement... I mean it's not wrong, travel *could* be impossible for someone with bald tires driving a small rear-wheel drive soda can that's masquerading as a car.

No, I don’t think it’s a thing/phrase that’s injected(but perhaps I’m mistaken)..cuz right above that watch for interior CT, they have another one for places in Mass, and that one just says slippery conditions are likely lol. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

No, I don’t think it’s a thing/phrase that’s injected(but perhaps I’m mistaken)..cuz right above that watch for interior CT, they have another one for places in Mass, and that one just says slippery conditions are likely lol. 

They’re not wrong. I’ve driven I-84 in the summer and it’s almost impossible to drive then too.

• Haha 1

For Boston metro, Box AFD putting lots of attention to a coastal front (in addition to the incoming warmth aloft we've extensively discussed)... the meso models variably hint at it encroaching 4z-5z before the warmth aloft arrives... another big variable adding uncertainty... could impact whether Boston metro sees 1-2" vs. 2-4". And as already discussed, this definitely could be a Logan 1" slop / western burbs 2-4" deal.

In any case, NNE vs. E surface winds will also have to be watched as this unfolds. The surface high will help at least for the first few hours.