• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

Euro definitely ups the ante a bit but I'd still probably keep amounts in the advisory range over southern New England. It's plausible there's an area of 6-8" over the interior but low confidence.

I'd want to see a decisive tick colder in the midlevels to forecast that...just too much chance we get sleet-bombed for 2-3 hours instead of heavy snow during that time and it's the difference between 3" and 6"+. If more guidance starts jumping on board for the intense front end like rgem and euro have, then the chances increase a little more but you still have the sleet problem lingering. 

Yeah the higher totals / more widespread warning in SNE (outside of 128) depends on intensity of that WAA (Euro / RGEM / 3k NAM show this, GFS does not), and soundings (which appear very close and have maybe ticked slightly warmer as we get closer)...

RGEM (though end of its range) actually looks colder than NAM at 850, but can't tell if there's a warmer tongue at 800-700 mb layer that spoils it

Haven't looked at 6z Euro or Snapface or whatever it is

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Yeah the higher totals / more widespread warning in SNE (outside of 128) depends on intensity of that WAA (Euro / RGEM / 3k NAM show this, GFS does not), and soundings (which appear very close and have maybe ticked slightly warmer as we get closer)...

RGEM (though end of its range) actually looks colder than NAM at 850, but can't tell if there's a warmer tongue at 800-700 mb layer that spoils it

Haven't looked at 6z Euro or Snapface or whatever it is

Try Instachat....Is that you Mr. Belichek?

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Well....that's why we'll get 3" instead of 6".  The ice card has been underplayed quite a bit I think. We tend to get our most damaging ice storms early in the winter season.  

Minster...get with the program, it's about rates, not warm ground.  Geez.  Gonna be Frigid tonight..especially for the time of year on top of it.  

I mean, it's gonna be like 15F tonight. Maybe even colder in rad spots...so the ground isn't even going to be warm to begin with. Even if it was,there is no way it would ever really have effect on accumulations since the low level temps are going to be cold in this. 

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I mean, it's gonna be like 15F tonight. Maybe even colder in rad spots...so the ground isn't even going to be warm to begin with. Even if it was,there is no way it would ever really have effect on accumulations since the low level temps are going to be cold in this. 

The people who perpetuate that drivel should be tagged....especially when resistant to redirection.