Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

6 hours ago, dendrite said:

Hopefully this entire post is sarcasm. Otherwise there will be some anger.

I'm kinda serious I guess....I don't mean damaging ice, not the set up for that....but maybe like 1/4" stuff.  Always gets underplayed. 

And I don't care what people say, it's called using my eyes and personal experiences.  A 10 degree frozen ground is way easier to accumulate on than a 40 degree saturated water mess....laws of thermodynamics. Try it. Take some ice and throw it on a 40 degree soaked carpet.....and a 10 degree carpet....what lasts longer? Now if it starts to pound down....well the game changes.  Ok rant over :-). 

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I'm kinda serious I guess....I don't mean damaging ice, not the set up for that....but maybe like 1/4" stuff.  Always gets underplayed. 

And I don't care what people say, it's called using my eyes and personal experiences.  A 10 degree frozen ground is way easier to accumulate on than a 40 degree saturated water mess....laws of thermodynamics. Try it. Take some ice and throw it on a 40 degree soaked carpet.....and a 10 degree carpet....what lasts longer? Now if it starts to pound down....well the game changes.  Ok rant over :-). 

Can you do it on your living room carpet and take a video?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

:weenie:

17 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Take a look at the airmass coming in for tomorrow and Thursday. Good luck on a skin temp of 40F.

Also, the sun angle is crap this time of year. We're a little over a month from the solstice.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Both 12k and 3k have a nice thump south of pike and then translate north. It even starts the cape as snow it seems.

That H position is in a nice position to provide a northerly drain of cold air into the region as a precursor.  Sure it retreats but the damage is done for most.  Could be a classic SWFE, thump to brief period of rain then shutoff.

20 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Spoiler Alert

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

That H position is in a nice position to provide a northerly drain of cold air into the region as a precursor.  Sure it retreats but the damage is done for most.  Could be a classic SWFE, thump to brief period of rain then shutoff.

The skiing in Western Maine is going to be off the charts