Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

If ever in doubt, school districts (and parents) should err on the side of safety.

Busses in God's country have chains and AWD, correct?  Or are they all tracked vehicles now?

No chains, and to my knowledge - not 4WD.  Bus stopped at the end of my driveway on a hill, only 6 minutes late, and got started without even a hint of a wheel spin.  I was impressed.  Haven't seen any social media reported accidents involving busses, but just because it turned out fine doesn't mean it was a good idea.  Roads were **** well past the time a 2 hour delay would have put busses on the roads.  Friday looks like a slam dunk snow day, and even if it's not, we're going skiing anyway lol. 

1 minute ago, WeatherNurse said:

No chains, and to my knowledge - not 4WD.  Bus stopped at the end of my driveway on a hill, only 6 minutes late, and got started without even a hint of a wheel spin.  I was impressed.  Haven't seen any social media reported accidents involving busses, but just because it turned out fine doesn't mean it was a good idea.  Roads were **** well past the time a 2 hour delay would have put busses on the roads.  Friday looks like a slam dunk snow day, and even if it's not, we're going skiing anyway lol. 

Yeah... I was (half) kidding.  Last winter (I think) we had a bus in a neighboring town slide into a house due to winter conditions. No injuries.  A few years ago a friend of ours lost a daughter and almost a son due to icing on the way to school.

Enjoy the snow day and skiing!  I love it in that area,

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah... I was (half) kidding.  Last winter (I think) we had a bus in a neighboring town slide into a house due to winter conditions. No injuries.  A few years ago a friend of ours lost a daughter and almost a son due to icing on the way to school.

Enjoy the snow day and skiing!  I love it in that area,

oh my goodness!  that's devastating!!!!

28 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I was going to leave wxbell for that, but figured I'd stay because I'm used to it, and I will end up divorced if I have access to 4 Euro runs daily.

I may go back to WxBell as I went to get the Euro 4x... but they you realize you may not need it with all the other guidance out there.  Weathermodels is hard to navigate to me.

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

4-6"

Thanks, Jeff. 

I remember when I moved up here from ORH back in 2005, discovering how little would be discussed about Maine on Eastern.  Cool Spruce and I would keep each other company hoping any coast intrusion would stay at bay (I usually had better luck than he).  Meanwhile, Kevin would be finishing up clearing his driveway when the storm was only a 1/3 of the way through up here.

• Like 2

Just now, powderfreak said:

I may go back to WxBell as I went to get the Euro 4x... but they you realize you may not need it with all the other guidance out there.  Weathermodels is hard to navigate to me.

I switched debit cards, the auto pay was declined, and now I'm locked out of the website permanently it appears. Tried getting in touch with Maue via Twitter, lol.

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

I bet you see 12".

My defensive instincts think it's a bit south of here... like ALY CWA through CVT, CNH, ME.  But the signal on a lot of these models are the mid-level Magic will lead to the haves and have nots.  Whenever we see one of those arcing snow bands stretching from like NY to ME, a narrow area will get absolutely lit... QPF and snow maps won't be able to get it but one of those things you look at the SUNY MM5 Fronto plots 18 hours out to see where it will be.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

My defensive instincts think it's a bit south of here... like ALY CWA through CVT, CNH, ME.  But the signal on a lot of these models are the mid-level Magic will lead to the haves and have nots.  Whenever we see one of those arcing snow bands stretching from like NY to ME, a narrow area will get absolutely lit... QPF and snow maps won't be able to get it but one of those things you look at the SUNY MM5 Fronto plots 18 hours out to see where it will be.

That looks like an H5 band up there.