Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 15-16 Storm Potential

Hoosier

4 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

lol.  I always thought it'd be pretty interesting to see a big snow hit south FL.  It's probably about a once in a few hundred year kind of thing but it's gotta be possible if the right setup came together.  

I don't know how "big" would be defined down there, but yeah, almost anything is possible if you wait long enough. 

Hopefully we get some good ice storm pics before it starts to melt, particularly from areas where foliage remains. Usually ice storm season doesn't overlap with still having leaves on trees, so that would be interesting to see.

8 hours ago, Hoosier said:

I was more annoyed by that than GHD1, and it's really not even close.

This is correct. My most hated storm ever.

Anyways, snow coming down at a good clip here right now. LOT threw up a WWA for IKK for 2-3" total. Seems doable. Relatively fast start to winter here thus far. :D

To add, glad we're not in the LAF. :(:lol:

KLAF 151052Z AUTO 04007KT 3SM UP BR FEW007 BKN010 OVC026 M02/M02 A3014 RMK AO2 UPE05B41FZRAB05E31SNB31E41 P0004 I1002

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iluvsnow said:

Lots of ice on trees and the grass in the Dayton, Ohio area. Nothing on the sidewalks or streets here though. Heard a number of crashing limbs from ice covered trees as I walked the dog. Here's what it looks like:P1010679.thumb.JPG.07db5bc17c296210e4aed4ac15c33f14.JPG

Yea same IMBY, 0.25" to maybe 1/3" of ice, we've had snow in the air on and off over the past week at 38 degrees, then yesterday low of 18 high of 29 with the first winter storm of the season for SW Ohio and it RAINS!!!

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, weathernerd said:

I’m currently at work in Greensburg In and the FZRN is falling fast and furious. Going to make for an interesting drive back to Indy in a couple hours. Looks like Indy is mostly snow right now on radar. KIND still wording their updates as though it’s not going to be much of an event. Hmmm, I don’t know about that. 

At the time of the evening update, it appeared that sleet would keep ice amounts in check. However, the warm air did win out and the next shift appropriately upgraded to an ice storm warning.

I noticed 

20 minutes ago, CoachLB said:

Rap and HRRR trying to wrap in a couple inches for western Ohio later on.

LB, noticed same and mildly excited for our area around Dayton....even though the official NWS for us has no mention of snow today....just rain. The HRRR has it switching in an hour or two. We will see.

9 minutes ago, iluvsnow said:

I noticed 

LB, noticed same and mildly excited for our area around Dayton....even though the official NWS for us has no mention of snow today....just rain. The HRRR has it switching in an hour or two. We will see.

They just took notice in an update. See what happens.

48 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The amount of tree damage reports coming out of IN/KY/OH sounds impressive for basically 0.25"-0.30" ice and lack of strong winds.  Numerous reports of entire trees falling.

Some of the trees may still have leaves on them, I'm assuming? 

Regardless, just a terrible ice event so early in the season. 

11 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

Some of the trees may still have leaves on them, I'm assuming? 

Regardless, just a terrible ice event so early in the season. 

Yeah, search INwx (and probably the other states too) on Twitter and you'll find some pics of trees w/leaves coated in ice.

• Like 1