• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 15 Snow/Ice Chance

showmethesnow

1-3 isnt looking out of the question out this way. But those snow maps are laughable. 

No one mentioned this mornings RGEM. It has snow starting out in DC at the end of it's run. Although it performed poorly last winter so I dont know what to think. It used to be my go to model for the shorter range.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Just looked at the 0z euro. Holy cow it’s a stone cold assassin. Looks substantially colder than the GFS and makes the flip back to snow/mix Friday morning with the ULL pass. 

How’s the Euro look for the likes of you, me, and @osfan24? Think we can score 1-2? Will I see you at the top of the sledding hill? :lol:

• Like 1

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. If I am interpreting what you all are saying in regards to the models - this would be under absolutely perfect conditions that are highly unlikely to actually converge for a mid-November storm? Is that what the Kuchera ratio tries to account for? So realistically in Baltimore maybe 1-3 based on the most recent models?

Just now, Abbyme24 said:

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. If I am interpreting what you all are saying in regards to the models - this would be under absolutely perfect conditions that are highly unlikely to actually converge for a mid-November storm? Is that what the Kuchera ratio tries to account for? So realistically in Baltimore maybe 1-3 based on the most recent models?

I live just up the road from you in Reisterstown and would not expect more than 1" - 3" for Baltimore's northern suburbs.  

• Like 1

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

Is the 32k nam reliable in peoples opinions here compared to the 12k and 3k? I’m trying to figure out how much stock to put into it when looking at factors for Wed night/Thur such as 2m and 850 temps, etc..

32k nam is just the 12k nam at a lower resolution.

• Like 2

Is the 32k nam reliable in peoples opinions here compared to the 12k and 3k? I’m trying to figure out how much stock to put into it when looking at factors for Wed night/Thur such as 2m and 850 temps, etc..

I don’t feel like we’ve referenced the 32k in years. I genuinely think the first time we brought it up in a long tine was yesterday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buddy1987 said:

No. It’s just a downsampled version of the regular NAM. The 3km NAM is the only one to ever look at.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

No. It’s just a downsampled version of the regular NAM. The 3km NAM is the only one to ever look at.

Is there any precursor as to it giving us a clue as to what the 3k nam is going to produce? Just curious because it does have the high a little further west comparing it to 6z as well as popping the low a little sooner in the Carolinas, thus locking in the cold air a little more.

4 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

So if I remember correctly from last winter did the RGEM have a bias toward overdoing low level cold air? Based on the 12z run it would be pretty nuts for the entire area.

RGEM did seem to have a cold bias last year, but what it's doing at 12z doesn't look unreasonable. Definitely sleety. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic