• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
November 12-13 Snow Potential

snowlover2

It appears likely that the E/SE parts of the sub will see their first accumulating snow of the season on Monday/Tuesday. Don't have a 12z Euro snow map but it looks more like the 12z GGEM than the 12z GFS. GFS has been slowly shifting west some with the last couple runs. Don't remember the last time we had this early a snow event at least this far south.

sn10_acc.us_ov.png

sn10_acc.us_ov1.png

2 hours ago, buckeye said:

Pretty weak system regardless of track....pos tilted trough.... and marginal temps equals slushy inch on cars and grass at best.    I'm more excited about the warm up that's starting to show on the models after this cold shot :P

I think there could be a zone of some higher amounts.  Nothing too big but more noteworthy because of the calendar.

MJO is actually progressing into the warm phases so I think the warmup is pretty much inevitable.  Of course it would've been kind of unrealistic to expect non-stop winter at this point with no pullbacks.

• Like 1

Ya, I am not expecting a blockbuster by any means. Right now if Toronto can get 1.7 inches of snow or more from this system it would produce the snowiest Nov.12th on record. The 13th would be a bit tougher to break but the daily record is still only 3.5 inches. Right now the models are showing a widespread 2-4 inches in the GTA. 

Sorry for the in your backyard analysis.  

35 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Ya, I am not expecting a blockbuster by any means. Right now if Toronto can get 1.7 inches of snow or more from this system it would produce the snowiest Nov.12th on record. The 13th would be a bit tougher to break but the daily record is still only 3.5 inches. Right now the models are showing a widespread 2-4 inches in the GTA. 

Sorry for the in your backyard analysis.  

Don't be sorry for wanting snow in your back yard. We all try to pull out the magnet here while tracking. I will be happy with another coating, which is all I can expect this time of year as Hoosier said.

• Like 1

This might be a case of the NAM overdoing things a bit but the 00z run gets precip pretty far north.  At first glance it would seem kinda unlikely with the surface low being down around the Gulf coast but there is some decent mid/upper level support well north into Michiana, etc.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

This might be a case of the NAM overdoing things a bit but the 00z run gets precip pretty far north.  At first glance it would seem kinda unlikely with the surface low being down around the Gulf coast but there is some decent mid/upper level support well north into Michiana, etc.

Wow! You're right about that. The NAM has really consolidated/shifted north through the day. Snow possibly falling literally just southeast of the QCA now,  Sunday night thru Monday. If this thing can get a tad bit stronger w/ one more shift north, flakes may be flying once again! Or, it's probably just wishful thinking this far north, but I think Michiana is def. in play now! 

00Z-20181111_NAMMW_prec_ptype-27-45-10-100.gif

51 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Also wildly further west compared to the 18Z run. Gets almost to Chicago.

1 hour ago, ams30721us said:

Wow! You're right about that. The NAM has really consolidated/shifted north through the day. Snow possibly falling literally just southeast of the QCA now,  Sunday night thru Monday. If this thing can get a tad bit stronger w/ one more shift north, flakes may be flying once again! Or, it's probably just wishful thinking this far north, but I think Michiana is def. in play now! 

FWIW the 00z RGEM also is trying to amplify/shift a bit to near the I-80 corridor on Monday. Nothing major but maybe a few flakes during the day.

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_ncus_43.png

14 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

fwiw, GFS and Canadian try to do something next Thursday with the energy that gets left behind.  Thermal profiles are messy though. 

That piece of energy becomes almost like a cut-off low with a strong upper level jet streak. Not much room for it amplify though. Its still worth watching especially for eastern sub-forum areas.