Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 8-10 Winter Weather/LES

HillsdaleMIWeather

47 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

HRRR/RAP pretty consistent in showing around 0.15" of precip for the QCA.  Looks like a solid inch on the way, with perhaps up to 2" in any areas that get under some better bands.  Snow is about an hour or two away.

Yep, snow started here in DVN about an 1/2 hour ago, and already any elevated or grassy surface is completely white. Roadways initially are just wet. Look forward to a nice blanket by morning! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ams30721us said:

Yep, snow started here in DVN about an 1/2 hour ago, and already any elevated or grassy surface is completely white. Roadways initially are just wet. Look forward to a nice blanket by morning! 

Oh yeah, will be nice to see in the morning.  It's been snowing pretty nicely here for about an hour.  It's not sticking to the paved areas yet but grassy/elevated surfaces are whitening up.  Looks like a tenth or two already.  Flakes are small, but it's pouring down pretty nicely.  

• Like 1

Hard to measure but looks like about 1.4" so far near Macomb, IL in Western Illinois and still coming down. Its going to be beautiful in the morning as Cyclone suggested. I took a few photos with my Iphone that don't do it justice. It's good snowman making snow, very low ratio.

1DA4C9A2-EC16-48A6-A026-5369174DAD7D.JPEG

7F7FC0A5-B9F7-4872-9570-E893AFB50DB2.JPEG

• Like 12

^ Great pics!

Snowed another 1.5" overnight, with expected total snow accums of 10-17" in my point with 35-40 mph gusts tonight... deep blanket of snow should make opening deer next week interesting.

Today: Snow showers. High near 29. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow after 9pm. Low around 21. Blustery, with a north wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers, mainly before 1pm. High near 25. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

^ Great pics!

Snowed another 1.5" overnight, with expected total snow accums of 10-17" in my point with 35-40 mph gusts tonight... deep blanket of snow should make opening deer next week interesting.

Today: Snow showers. High near 29. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow after 9pm. Low around 21. Blustery, with a north wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers, mainly before 1pm. High near 25. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible

Your gonna have over half of some of our SEASONAL snowfall totals before thanksgiving lol. Good stuff man. It has to be very peaceful up there.

Snow sticking to cars and grass here, but the roads remain wet as temps are hovering right around 33 degrees. Still nonetheless, nice little event for so early in the season. 

1 hour ago, Chambana said:

Your gonna have over half of some of our SEASONAL snowfall totals before thanksgiving lol. Good stuff man. It has to be very peaceful up there.

Snow sticking to cars and grass here, but the roads remain wet as temps are hovering right around 33 degrees. Still nonetheless, nice little event for so early in the season. 

Words can't describe the peacefulness here in the winter with deep snow and empty woods. The deer will leave the snow-buried higher terrain for the coast and further inland areas where there's food, the coyotes/wolves will follow... only sounds to break the silence will be the few blackcaps and woodpeckers that hunker down and ride out the winter with me... It's my kinda life! :)

If I do end up with the higher end forecasted amounts, my seasonal total will stand around 30".

Everyone getting snow today, enjoy!

24 hour snowfall:

MQT_snow_00-24hr.png.be5c8e191df7fa8c5ee92f728275e588.png

• Like 2

We're on the board here with 0.2" on the ground on 0.04" liquid and still coming down at 7 AM.

Although it seems early to be getting measurable snow in Northern IN (at least to me), the climate sites tell a different story. The average date for the first measurable snow for SBN is today and only five days later for FWA (11/14).

• Like 1

A hair over 2" so far here and still snowing lightly. Grass is covered and roads are slush/covered also. Kind of surprised, thought this heavier snow would have been a little west of here in the higher terrain above 1000', I'm a little over 800' here. Now I wish I would have put the plow in the 4 wheeler last weekend when I had a chance.

Looks like we ended up with just a hair over 2 inches here in Macomb IL (measured 2.1")... Hard to tell because of compaction and the sun is out now so its starting to shrink in aerial coverage. I took these at my apartment complex this morning at sunrise though. Good primer for hopefully a decent winter. Getting snow during the first 10 days of November is definitely unusual to me, last time I saw this much accumulating snow in early November was on Nov 11, 2013 and we got 1.6". 

DA7A74D8-5F11-4639-9093-6AF64A3E498B.JPEG

0E3F7964-98FF-47A1-BB05-85F3E1E75FF3.JPEG

• Like 7

It's bad

Mqt:

A note from the Michigan State Police: "Weather conditions in the western Upper Peninsula are poor. Visibility in Ontonagon and Baraga Counties is estimated to be approximately 20 feet or less, the heavy snowfall and wind is making travel in these areas hazardous.

Residents in these areas should stay off the roadways if possible. If you must travel use caution and allow plenty of extra time to reach your destination."

These conditions are also being seen in much of the western half of the UP. PLEASE STAY OFF THE ROADS IF YOU CAN!

It was so nice to wake up to the massive silver dollar snowflakes falling. Snow fell for through mid-morning, and after a slushy 0.5" of about 3-1 ratio snow here to kick off the 2018-19 season, it actually turned to rain right along the water (east wind + early November). I am about 0.5 mile from the water, and 5 miles to my west remained all snow I took a drive and saw with my own eyes, not common to see that but at the same time no complaints in early November. DTW had 1.3". It looked like a very scenic snow north and west of the city. Some flurries flying in the cold winter wind right now.

45776562_10110794802336403_5500811125635

45815682_10110794802456163_4131040338615

45760270_10110794802970133_4184860535147

• Like 3