SnowHabit
Annual Cheers Gathering

ROOSTA

Date  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which date do you prefer?

• December 14th
    • December 21st
    • December 17th (For Jerry Since I missed it)

3 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I've been to this gtg 3 years in a row.  Did not make last year and can't make this year. 

People can make it if they plan for it.

DIT is always complaining about it being EMass centric but it seems like there are enough CT posters to make a CT gathering feasible.  Its not like NNE where our posters are spread out across 300 miles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ive been to the ones we had in worcester, and northampton, and i want to say my first g2g was in foxboro. Oh, and Ive been to 2 at BerkEast

Im just not a fan of Boston.

I wish NNE wasnt spread so far apart. Id be willing to go central NH if VT posters and ME posters could committ to going...but the distance does make a day trip hard....it would end up taking up an entire day...id be willing to stay overnight so i could also get some ski hours in

Worcseter has been a good central spot, but maybe just over the border into N.H. would open things up for more people.

For a while there were a few gtg's, or at least one per year, prior to this holiday one, but now this one seems to be it.  I think it was mentioned before that this was a gtg brought on by people in and around Boston as a Boston-centric gathering (but still open to all) and not intended to be THE gtg where people use it as a means to complain and try and change the location.  This one was meant to be where it is, and was always on a Monday until now.  

I concur with not liking the city. I hate it.. hate driving there, train, whatever. Don’t like it.

This Friday is going to be tough with work... I’d have to go straight there. Well see.

I could go for a gtg in North Conway area or something so we could drag in some NNE posters. I’d stay overnight up there and maybe do some skiing 

7 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Somewhere around Springfield with good disability access would be appreciated for a future get together.

Someone needs to take initiative and start another one, a more unclusive gtg for the rest of sne. Tough to get everyone like nne involved but they are isolated up there anyway, they used to it. 

33 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Someone needs to take initiative and start another one, a more unclusive gtg for the rest of sne. Tough to get everyone like nne involved but they are isolated up there anyway, they used to it. 

I try every year...Ray and sometimes Kevin get on board but then it just recedes into oblivion like Kevin's hair.

12 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

How is that place Scooby do

Nice place but a lot smaller than Fox and Mohegan in terms of the tables though there a lotta slot machines. They've set aside a large space for the Sports Book if that ever happens in the Commonwealth.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Heard on the radio today they were way under projections for income

People for the most part really don't want to drive into Springfield. MGM took a big gamble (pun intended) on building in a downtown location.  After the hype is over, my guess is the place will just have lackluster attendance/ income at best.  No matter how small Springfield is, there is a large contingent of people who do not like driving into a city. It is a psychological thing.