Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2018 Observations

yotaman

3 hours ago, FallsLake said:

From what you showed us in the mountains, I dare say we'll have better colors this year. 

I'm taking a hike tomorrow around Falls Lake; should be perfect fall weather and leaf viewing. 

I agree. It definitely looks that way.

Noticing a LOT of dead branches coming out of trees.  Some broken by Michael and the wet and wind brought them down last night, others just rotten from all the rain this year.  Either way, be careful in your yards and watch overhead trees in neighborhoods as you are walking or running.  Has me concerned that the first decent snowfall is going to cause a lot of power outages.

2 hours ago, kvegas-wx said:

Noticing a LOT of dead branches coming out of trees.  Some broken by Michael and the wet and wind brought them down last night, others just rotten from all the rain this year.  Either way, be careful in your yards and watch overhead trees in neighborhoods as you are walking or running.  Has me concerned that the first decent snowfall is going to cause a lot of power outages.

Yeah I went for a run this past weekend and was hit on the head so I second this concern ! But bring on the winter :)

3 hours ago, downeastnc said:

At PGV clouds moved in holding temps to a low of 30 before a bounce back to 33/34 by dawn.....

Similar must have happened to Wilson.  Tomatoes and peppers made it through the night.  They are close to the house so they probably also benefit from a degree or two of heating from the brick foundation radiating at night.