Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-Atlantic winter 2018-19 snowfall contest

PrinceFrederickWx

19 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Olaf’s just sitting on the football running out the clock. Coach@showmethesnow has already headed to the locker room and declined all post-game interviews. :lol:

Showme is fielding offers from other teams. Winning teams. Going to keep his mouth shut until he is sure he can hook up elsewhere before he starts telling the world how the ownership of his current team sucks.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Showme is fielding offers from other teams. Winning teams. Going to keep his mouth shut until he is sure he can hook up elsewhere before he starts telling the world how the ownership of his current team sucks.

I guess I'm with you then, let me know when the bad-mouthing can start. :D

• Haha 1

There are only two events that have occurred at RIC after this date: 0.2" on 4/21/1953 and 2.0" on 4/28/1898. There have been no changes from LWX or AKQ since my last update. Given that it's 4/16 and there's no indication of anything remotely close to snow on any model for RIC, I think we're safe to call it. So, congratulations to our champion @olafminesaw - attached is your trophy made of snow!

Thanks to everyone who played- this was the closest seasonal contest I've ever held!

Also thanks to @RodneyS and @Roger Smith for running a lot of the numbers too! 

I'll be back in November with another contest!

Trophy 2018-19.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Congrats to the winner and top ten leaderboard. It was an interesting winter even if not as epic as many had hoped. 

Maybe you should have a summer contest too, keep the interest up. Would suggest mean June to August temperature anomaly at BWI, total rainfall May to September at BWI and max temp at the four airports or just BWI. Maybe also number of severe weather warnings that include a chosen location (May to September). 

I don't think I should try to run a contest here, as a visitor to the shrine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

Congrats to the winner and top ten leaderboard. It was an interesting winter even if not as epic as many had hoped. 

Maybe you should have a summer contest too, keep the interest up. Would suggest mean June to August temperature anomaly at BWI, total rainfall May to September at BWI and max temp at the four airports or just BWI. Maybe also number of severe weather warnings that include a chosen location (May to September). 

I don't think I should try to run a contest here, as a visitor to the shrine. 

Baby #3 is on the way in May so I don’t know how much time I’ll have. Max temp at each airport during the summer would be an interesting contest though- could add quite a few locations where NWS tracks temps but not snowfall.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Olaf for his razor-thin victory over Stormpc, and many thanks to PFDKWx and Roger for doing the heavy lifting.  As of late February, this contest could have gone a dozen different ways, as many pre-season forecasts were for a snowy March. However, the Snow Gods had other ideas, as they usually do.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

There are only two events that have occurred at RIC after this date: 0.2" on 4/21/1953 and 2.0" on 4/28/1898. There have been no changes from LWX or AKQ since my last update. Given that it's 4/16 and there's no indication of anything remotely close to snow on any model for RIC, I think we're safe to call it. So, congratulations to our champion @olafminesaw - attached is your trophy made of snow!

Thanks to everyone who played- this was the closest seasonal contest I've ever held!

Also thanks to @RodneyS and @Roger Smith for running a lot of the numbers too! 

I'll be back in November with another contest!

Trophy 2018-19.png

It's not over till the FV3 says so!

• Like 1