Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

George BM

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The warm up doesn't look prolonged so I wouldn't be mad about it.  I'm in the majority camp of those here that want cold holidays, but I'd rather it be warm and sunny than like today.

I'm not complaining honestly Christmas is the one I want cold. The only drawback to a warm Turkey day is that the house gets hot as chit...otherwise warm on Thanksgiving is fine by me

• Like 1

Ugh is the Word for today down in south central TX. It's 75 degrees with a 73 dewpoint. Ugh. On November 6. Double Ugh.

There is no winter here. Whatever you do, DO NOT end up living down here, unless you happen to be Subtropics lol.

Its a living hell, a fate worse than Death. Not only does it not ever snow, it gets hot and humid frequently, even in mid winter. The Gulf of Mexico is a relentless taskmaster, we get lashed hard by warm humid weather a LOT, even in January, I am told. 

Welcome to the Deep South, Jebman lol.

The Gulf of Mexico is so strong, it can oppose major Siberian outbreaks. This is why these people have a 10 month growing season. Fook it, I should just move to Hawaii. Our family does have a house in Waimanalo, my late Dad owned it lol.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT end up down here. Lie, cheat, kill, steal, do whatever it takes to avoid having to reside in Austin.

UGH!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jebman said:

Ugh is the Word for today down in south central TX. It's 75 degrees with a 73 dewpoint. Ugh. On November 6. Double Ugh.

There is no winter here. Whatever you do, DO NOT end up living down here, unless you happen to be Subtropics lol.

Its a living hell, a fate worse than Death. Not only does it not ever snow, it gets hot and humid frequently, even in mid winter. The Gulf of Mexico is a relentless taskmaster, we get lashed hard by warm humid weather a LOT, even in January, I am told. 

The Gulf of Mexico is so strong, it can oppose major Siberian outbreaks. This is why these people have a 10 month growing season. Fook it, I should just move to Hawaii. Our family does have a house in Waimanalo, my late Dad owned it lol.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT end up down here. Lie, cheat, kill, steal, do whatever it takes to avoid having to reside in Austin.

UGH!

Move in to a homeless shelter in DC or better yet Boston???

2 hours ago, Jebman said:

UGH!

So other than the weather, how's Austin?

12 hours ago, mattie g said:

Only place I saw political ads was when I was watching Big Green Egg videos on YouTube.

1) I never watch anything except on DVR or streaming, ergo no commercials

2) I never get to watch TV because of the kids 

Same here.  We are recording maybe 8 hours of tv a week and watching about 2.

The Gulf of Mexico is extremely powerful down here in S TX.

We were supposed to be able to enjoy a high today of 70.

Well, we hit 89/72 yet again.

Texas is NO place for people who enjoy cool weather, let alone snow.

We have two seasons down here: Summer, and Slightly cooler Summer, lol.

46 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

I have a feeling we will trend more toward -NAO in the 7-8 day range for a snowstorm.

You guys in the Mid Atlantic will enjoy many very good snowstorms this winter. This will be a memorable winter for you. Enjoy. Next winter will be even better. You will have precipitation extremes associated with some of the snows which will result in incredible accumulations in the DC Region and in the overall Mid Atlantic. This is going to be one of the best winters EVER in Washington DC in memory!

10 hours ago, ravensrule said:

The post was pretty helpful as well. Either way it was a good win. Malkin better get suspended.

4 hours ago, H2O said:

sorry, yoder.  good guys win.

Lets see if Malkin gets a tiny bit of the Tom Wilson NHL treatment

Lol Malkin has only been fined once and is not even close to repeat offender status like Wilson is. Wilson has been suspended 4 times.

Malkin got a major and a game misconduct for the hit.  Oshie returned to the game, no worse for wear apparently, and scored the GWG.  Malkin will get a fine and that will be it. 

43 minutes ago, yoda said:

Lol Malkin has only been fined once and is not even close to repeat offender status like Wilson is. Wilson has been suspended 4 times.

Malkin got a major and a game misconduct for the hit.  Oshie returned to the game, no worse for wear apparently, and scored the GWG.  Malkin will get a fine and that will be it. 

Malkin is a loser.  No team is better than the Pens/Sullivan at whining about calls/non-calls both during and after the game.  Not surprised at the no suspension at all given Sullivan's uncanny ability to get what he wants from the NHL.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic