• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

November Banter

52 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

"Now, Hatem’s Jay’s Wintry Mix Facebook page has developed a cult-like following in the region, with more than 40,000 followers and growing. Hatem is up-front about the fact that he’s not a professional meteorologist, but his uncanny forecasting skills make him even better than the pros for thousands of local fans."

Oh my.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That end of the hot lane that merges back into 95 down there is murder.

Yep. Took me 90 minutes to get from mm150 to exit 133. 17 miles yesterday around 2pm. Horrifying traffic in Stafford. Doesn't matter what time of day, either direction. Earlier this summer, on a Saturday ( I know) it took me 3 hours to go from exit 152 to exit 130. Unreal. I'm moving away. 

• Like 1

Ha! All you doubters... 285 miles and 5.5 hours door to door including a stop on the NJ turnpike. Eeezee breezy chikkin squeezy. Only traffic was on the Merritt in CT. I'll pay dearly on the trip back Saturday tho

• Like 3

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

"Now, Hatem’s Jay’s Wintry Mix Facebook page has developed a cult-like following in the region, with more than 40,000 followers and growing. Hatem is up-front about the fact that he’s not a professional meteorologist, but his uncanny forecasting skills make him even better than the pros for thousands of local fans."

Oh my.

Saying winter cancel is more often right than wrong in this area.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Saying winter cancel is more often right than wrong in this area.  

that's uncanny

also traveling around thanksgiving is insane

I am thankful for accepting what's on the table on thanksgiving dinner right now, since it will probably be different 10 years from now.

This event is only for the Total Wine & More in Laurel, MD.

Black Friday is almost here! That means you can expect to grab Goose Island's acclaimed Bourbon County Brand Stout when our doors open on Friday.

Variants that will be available at:
- Standard Bourbon County Brand Stout 2018
- Bourbon County Brand Bramble Rye
- Bourbon County Brand Midnight Orange 
- Bourbon County Brand Vanilla
- Bourbon County Brand Wheatwine

Bottle limits per customer will be placed by the store depending on the allocation we receive. These items will go fast, so make sure to join us first when doors open at 8 a.m.

See you here!

Darn, won't be around Friday.  I'd love to get some Bramble Rye though

I gotta say, I am gonna wear out "uncanny forecasting skills" this winter. Fair warning.
I don't or didnt ask for any of this. Every weenie in this forum forecasts to their friends and family. It was never suppose go this way. I never talk about my page.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ji said:
6 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:
I gotta say, I am gonna wear out "uncanny forecasting skills" this winter. Fair warning.

I don't or didnt ask for any of this. Every weenie in this forum forecasts to their friends and family. It was never suppose go this way. I never talk about my page.

Too late now. You are practically a household name. I will be expecting less of the comedic act and more technical analysis from you going forward :P 

• Like 1

Too late now. You are practically a household name. I will be expecting less of the comedic act and more technical analysis from you going forward  
Lol...I'll let you...chill...showmesnow...psu handle the technical. My role is on this page is bad comedy...complaining and meltdowns
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ji said:
10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:
Too late now. You are practically a household name. I will be expecting less of the comedic act and more technical analysis from you going forward emoji14.png 

Lol...I'll let you...chill...showmesnow...psu handle the technical. My role is on this page is bad comedy...complaining and meltdowns

Why aren't you in church praying for snow?

8 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That end of the hot lane that merges back into 95 down there is murder.

7 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Enjoy. No travel for me this Thanksgiving. It’s never fun driving I-95.

5 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Ha! All you doubters... 285 miles and 5.5 hours door to door including a stop on the NJ turnpike. Eeezee breezy chikkin squeezy. Only traffic was on the Merritt in CT. I'll pay dearly on the trip back Saturday tho

Did 565 miles, personally, and I’m nearly a zombie. 

Going north on 95 is a different beast than going south though. I know from lots and lots of experience.

• Like 1

I’ve got an uncanny ability to be functionally useless in these parts, sadly. 

It’s cool ji, just having some fun with you. It was a fun piece. And I only get blamed by co-workers and family when snow busts, you have 40,000 to blame you...

With the Arctic front through my area I was drawn back to one of the greatest events I’ve ever seen. 

On 2/14/2015 at 7:25 PM, mattb65 said:

Took a quick video as the band rolled through, near whiteout conditions.

On 2/14/2015 at 7:39 PM, Ian said:

Interesting enhancement area north of DC. Maybe like a warm front?

lXyniKu.gif

On 2/14/2015 at 8:25 PM, WxWatcher007 said:

Best event of the winter. Absolutely. No doubt about it. A++

I was on my balcony and on the ground for it all. Measured 2 inches on my "board" but have 3 on the ground lol. 

First it was ripping snow with low wind, then it was ripping with breezes, then the big show came through. Gusts better than anything I saw during the summer, 40+ easy. Whiteout conditions for a few minutes. I couldn't do anything but say "My God". Power flickered three times during the brunt. I kid you not, the last time I saw anything like that was GB '13 in CT. 

Then came the cold. I was around 32 at the time and the roads were starting to cave, but by the time the band really ended there was a layer of ice on the untreated building lot and road. I kind of live on a hill, so people were getting stuck going up. I helped out grinning like Jeb does when he shovels. Road was already iced up. 

All of the people said they never thought it would snow today. Said mets didn't warn enough.  :axe:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

With the Arctic front through my area I was drawn back to one of the greatest events I’ve ever seen. 

Goodly memories....GOODLY memories. 

Let's do it again.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to watch 10-20 inches of powder with gust to 45 mph over next 48hrs, the show is about to start. Just search Teton Pass Wyoming cam. Fours views, updates every 2-3 minutes.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! You folks have provided great entertainment, distraction, and knowledge to a humble lurker. Hope you all get to spend time with the ones you love! -Shady Grove

Friends.gif

• Like 1