• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Banter

George BM

I worry because there are things to worry about.  Like will it be cold enough for frozen, will Tom Wilson manage to not get suspended again, will the Skins lay an egg Sunday, what do I bring for a pot luck lunch at work tomorrow.  These are all pressing matters.

It won't be cold enough for meaningful frozen but it could be cool for awhile.

IDK what Tom Wilson is.

I doubt the redskins will get 0 points (I assume that's what that means?).

Bring chips and homemade salsa (it's p. easy to make and delicious and probably no one else will do this). You could do guac but that's way harder to get right.

YW

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

So few enjoy the actual event anymore its always the chase and the buildup. That pretty girl or handsome guy across the room playing hard to get is rarely as hot when you're having a morning conversation with the bathroom door open

I love the chase, as probably most people on this forum.  It's great to find people as snow crazed as me!  I am thrilled about the winter outlook this year and being able to start so early is perfect. My mom passed away in July after 6 months of brain cancer hell and I definitely will need the distraction during the upcoming holidays.  Bring on the fantasy snow maps. 

Just now, snowmagnet said:

I love the chase, as probably most people on this forum.  It's great to find people as snow crazed as me!  I am thrilled about the winter outlook this year and being able to start so early is perfect. My mom passed away in July after 6 months of brain cancer hell and I definitely will need the distraction during the upcoming holidays.  Bring on the fantasy snow maps. 

What a terrible way to lose your mom, I'm sorry for your loss.  My aunt just passed away from brain cancer after a miraculous (?) survival of six years since initial diagnosis.  Watching her deteriorate at the end was tough to see.  Hopefully tomorrow's storm is a precursor for an active winter to keep your mind preoccupied with other things.  

4 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

sorry to hear about your mom :( 

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You have snark that I've never been able to express, and I love it. 

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope you and your family are doing well. 

I'm not really big into the tracking of winter storms honestly. I'm all about production. I've been much more inclined to feel this way after being on the boards and living down here. It's just too much for me. I enjoy being out in the elements, which is why I've started chasing. That's a lot of work but a lot of fun. 

Not sure how new you are to the board, but welcome. We all fight around here from time to time, but we're a family, bound together by our mutual love for wx. I genuinely love the board and care about the posters.

We're in it together. Unless the rain/snow line is lurking. Then it's a free for all :lol: 

this is about 99% all the time. northern/western folks get the snow, while everyone else gives them **** for it. and then we have Jan 2016 where we all cashed in and we were all lovey with rainbows and unicorns. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, nj2va said:

What a terrible way to lose your mom, I'm sorry for your loss.  My aunt just passed away from brain cancer after a miraculous (?) survival of six years since initial diagnosis.  Watching her deteriorate at the end was tough to see.  Hopefully tomorrow's storm is a precursor for an active winter to keep your mind preoccupied with other things.  

Thank you all for the kind words. She was diagnosed just after Christmas with the same cancer as John McCain. My mom was always the one to patiently listen to my excited ramblings about the snow that was coming, so I have warned my dad to get ready for my winter snow madness.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

this is about 99% all the time. northern/western folks get the snow, while everyone else gives them **** for it. and then we have Jan 2016 where we all cashed in and we were all lovey with rainbows and unicorns. 

mention Dec 5th 2009 and I will cut you.

Jan 2016 was like the Skins 2012 season where RG3 was magical and life was like a bed of puppies and kittens

1 minute ago, H2O said:

ask Dave.  I had white rain all day and anyone above 250' ASL got 5".   I'm shaking my fists as i think of it now.  How did I type this with fists of rage?

mmm yeah, drawing a blank on that one. we were in odenton, i hadn't joined eastern yet, and was in final wedding prep mode. 

I found this board in 2015-16. I absolutely loved the excitement of the Jan '16 storm. Historical storms make me giddy. I drive my family crazy, so I was thrilled to find you all. I grew up in Waldorf, MD where we sometimes got more snow than Nova, but have lived in Fairfax for the past 26 years. I wish I was a little further west, but tracking just west of 95 is so much fun!  My friends  tell me I should have been a meteorologist, but I am not that smart so I rely on the intellect on this forum!  I actually resonate with several people on here, probably mostly Ji. I tend to stay optimistic until the bitter end, and get pretty depressed if the winter just stays wet.  Also, I work for Fairfax County Schools, so I'm very happy when they close. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mappy said:

mmm yeah, drawing a blank on that one. we were in odenton, i hadn't joined eastern yet, and was in final wedding prep mode. 

It was a nice little event up here to start off that epic season.  I am not sure exactly what you had but most of the reports around you were about 5".  I had 6 here.  It had some similarities, marginal temps, but the track was further offshore so less mid level southerly flow to deal with, snowfall actually tailed off some NW of me.  It was a significantly weaker system overall also.  If this was December 5th we probably would be looking at a significant snowfall here.  Even if the track is slightly inside idea right now even that would adjust if it was December and there was a slightly colder boundary.  That would probably shift the track a bit east also towards the temperature boundary along the coast.  But I am of the mind that this is a good sign... the fact that every time we get any kind of trough we pop multiple coastal systems bodes well as climo becomes more favorable soon. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic