Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Banter

George BM

3 minutes ago, NoVaWx said:

Hangover started as it changed to rain. 

You reminded me of that Dan Fogelberg Christmas song about finding his old flame at a store... and that song gets so sad for me when he says that the snow turns to rain on his way home.. it is so much more impactful for Snow lovers! LOL!

14 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

If yesterday is any indication of what snow days are going to be like for me this winter, then I need to up the ante on my life insurance. 

So much fun!

if its any indication on school closings and delays, i'm happy to be getting a new laptop at work to make working from home easier! bring on the snow!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

As a moderator, thank you to the sub forum for good behavior in this storm. Probably first winter storm I can recall with no hidden or deleted posts.

They are finally learning.  Pavlov's dogs and all that.  We now just ring a bell to warn them of beatings and they obey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

As a moderator, thank you to the sub forum for good behavior in this storm. Probably first winter storm I can recall with no hidden or deleted posts.

Was one of the best threads I saw as well. I really think it had to do with the positive, completely unexpected, outcome. We had all bet on the worst and got the best! That has been so rare! Leaves all in a good mood!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

Was one of the best threads I saw as well. I really think it had to do with the positive, completely unexpected, outcome. We had all bet on the worst and got the best! That has been so rare! Leaves all in a good mood!

You all are gonna get the best all winter. This is going to be one of the very best snowy winters in memory. Things are lining up. Lots of factors involved, but from now on, weather lovers are gonna get a treat, and it will only get more jaw dropping every year.

Might have to do away with mods lol.

J/K, about the mods, not the incredible weather.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jebman said:

You all are gonna get the best all winter. This is going to be one of the very best snowy winters in memory. Things are lining up. Lots of factors involved, but from now on, weather lovers are gonna get a treat, and it will only get more jaw dropping every year.

Might have to do away with mods lol.

J/K, about the mods, not the incredible weather.

Miss having you nearby Jeb! No one like you! I think we need a Wikipedia entry to explain what a Jebwalk is and have the board contribute to the explanation!

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

now you've gone and jinxed it. 

but i agree, every time i checked in the thread was readable 

4 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Thank you for your contributions!!!  I've been thoughoughly impressed by all the discussions lately. The winter/long range/storm threads have all been excellent. Stayed on topic and when there was banter it was funny and then back on topic. And some of the posters seem in mid season form already with their A game. So far the quality of this regions threads have been impressive imo!!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I have family in the south now, so I have gone there the last decade or so for the holidays. I've grown to like 70 and sun on Thanksgiving. Great football weather...

That said, after nearly touching 80 with a tornado warning on Christmas Eve or Christmas in 2016, I decided I would spare no expense to get the family further north for Christmas. I'm not doing that again. 

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Honestly, having it be warm and comfortable on Thanksgiving is ideal. If it’s a torch and there’s no sign of an end to the flamethrower coming off the Pacific, then it might be a different story, but all things being equal I much prefer a Thanksgiving during which you can open the windows and doors, fry a turkey without losing feeling in your fingers, and let the kids run around without freezing their arses off!

We’re going to have 20 people at my house for Christmas, and the kids can end up with frostbite for all I care. Christmas is a different beast altogether. :lol:

59 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Knowing what may be in store for Dec I guess I can deal with it and hide in the basement.  You did make a compelling counterpoint however.  

57 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Christmas is usually 70 so we need a cold Thanksgiving. 

54 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Thanksgiving is best with a sweater and a roaring fire, along with a strong ale to warm you up. Plus the oven and stove is going heating up the house. This windows open birds singing 70 degrees crap sounds more like Easter to me. Thanksgiving is not a holiday to spend on the patio unless you live in the South or LA. 

49 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Sunny and mid 40s works for me for Thanksgiving, with temps falling into the upper 30s as the sun is setting at about 430 PM.

I don't know a Tornado Warning followed by an EF-1 moving over me with 80/low70s temp/dewpt sounds like a lot of fun to me. No matter how hard I try I can never get my family to agree with me though. As for Christmas, give me a Super Typhoon Haiyan strength hurricane shooting NNW from the central NC coast at 70 mph.

These will make my entire holiday season.

If neither of those, then just give me a blizzard with 10"/hr snowfall rates and hurricane force winds that would create drifts 5-10+ stores high and we'd be okay.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic