Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November discussion

weathafella

30 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Are you afraid your turkey will thaw out?

Never mind I was looking at this ( All credit goes to Tropical Tidbits)ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_11.png

Instead of this and yes the temperatures are colder for the 23rd of November. It does look like we try to relax afterwards though. Especially, by the 28th onward.  

ecmwf-ens_T850aMean_us_6.png

I'll tell ya ... that polar wave passing from the eastern Lakes through NE ..72-96 hours is what really kicks the NAO pattern into motion.  It really nukes and gets exotically deep at all levels and that flow around the top side S of Greenland starts piling up the heights in response. 

That said, it's probably more a feed-back cuz the hemisphere is trying to be blocking - this system encourages that along.

This sounds fun.  A Miller A post Thanksgiving?  In a period of Negative NAO?  Big MA SNE storm?

From GYX:

Indications continue that a large and slow moving storm may
form along the southeastern seaboard late next week and into the
weekend. Will continue to monitor as we will be entering a high
period of astronomical tides.

34 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

This sounds fun.  A Miller A post Thanksgiving?  In a period of Negative NAO?  Big MA SNE storm?

From GYX:

Maybe for you guys up there...a rain storm here the way it looks at the moment for SNE.  

5 hours ago, mahk_webstah said:

From GYX:

Full moon goon

On 11/8/2018 at 10:26 AM, WinterWolf said:

Holy Sh*t  James....really???  By the time the time frame you're talking about is here, there probably won't even be a Third Storm.    Pump the brakes pal...you're gonna overload.  No snow for most of SNE for a while...especially so for the outer Cape!

I think some apologies are warranted.  Go back and read this thread, start at page 20. Some great lines to be had. FYI I  see WCT had a foot.

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

There's no snow in Stowe.

About eating a hat, I've learned that's a bad phrase to use.  Haha, give me some ketchup. 

8eBErKm.jpg

HzN3YdX.jpg

yvXhvHn.jpg

Sweet pics. November what? AMOUT gonna be an epic year. EPS is nutz with Eastern Canada snow, our cold source in  great pattern overall. Some bluebird days mixed in with warmer but climo drops everyday now. Epicosity shall return. Lalalala lock it up. 

OT psyched to finally see my lifelong favorite College football team The Fighting Irish, tomorrow at Yankee stadium.  

• Like 3

A couple chances at snow for SNE over the next few days. Sunday night and early Monday is the first one though it will likely be confined to the interior and mainly north of the pike. Esp with some elevation. Euro did tick a bit colder again. But we will see...it could drop a couple inches of wet snow there. 

Then there is another wave behind it that looks colder and that may come in on Tuesday. That could give further south snow. 

Finally, there's a bit of WINDEX potential with the Arctic front on Wednesday night. It looks best for NNE. 

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A couple chances at snow for SNE over the next few days. Sunday night and early Monday is the first one though it will likely be confined to the interior and mainly north of the pike. Esp with some elevation. Euro did tick a bit colder again. But we will see...it could drop a couple inches of wet snow there. 

Then there is another wave behind it that looks colder and that may come in on Tuesday. That could give further south snow. 

Finally, there's a bit of WINDEX potential with the Arctic front on Wednesday night. It looks best for NNE. 

Nothing 90 south Sunday night?