• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
weathafella

November discussion

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I wish I was on the damn 325' hill near me....it taunts me like 2 mi to my ssw....its like the ORH of Methuen...always flipping me the bird at like a degree colder...scoffing at my meager 154'.

:weenie:

25 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I wish I was on the damn 325' hill near me....it taunts me like 2 mi to my ssw....its like the ORH of Methuen...always flipping me the bird at like a degree colder...scoffing at my meager 154'.

All we need is an elevation event and a Cranberry  Bogger’ and we should see some fireworks from you. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Are you afraid your turkey will thaw out?

Never mind I was looking at this ( All credit goes to Tropical Tidbits)ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_11.png

Instead of this and yes the temperatures are colder for the 23rd of November. It does look like we try to relax afterwards though. Especially, by the 28th onward.  

ecmwf-ens_T850aMean_us_6.png

I'll tell ya ... that polar wave passing from the eastern Lakes through NE ..72-96 hours is what really kicks the NAO pattern into motion.  It really nukes and gets exotically deep at all levels and that flow around the top side S of Greenland starts piling up the heights in response. 

That said, it's probably more a feed-back cuz the hemisphere is trying to be blocking - this system encourages that along.

18 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

I am not seeing the thaw, can somebody please illuminate which models are showing it, or is it being shown in more esoteric models than the usual?

Well, a slight thaw, rebound to normal or a little above, but Black Friday isn't exactly Hot Friday.

gfs_T2m_neus_30.png

This sounds fun.  A Miller A post Thanksgiving?  In a period of Negative NAO?  Big MA SNE storm?

From GYX:

Indications continue that a large and slow moving storm may
form along the southeastern seaboard late next week and into the
weekend. Will continue to monitor as we will be entering a high
period of astronomical tides.

34 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

This sounds fun.  A Miller A post Thanksgiving?  In a period of Negative NAO?  Big MA SNE storm?

From GYX:

Maybe for you guys up there...a rain storm here the way it looks at the moment for SNE.  

3 hours ago, LurkerBoy said:

I am not seeing the thaw, can somebody please illuminate which models are showing it, or is it being shown in more esoteric models than the usual?

It's 11/16. Climo is a thaw. Especially in NYC.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mahk_webstah said:

From GYX:

Full moon goon

On 11/8/2018 at 10:26 AM, WinterWolf said:

Holy Sh*t  James....really???  By the time the time frame you're talking about is here, there probably won't even be a Third Storm.    Pump the brakes pal...you're gonna overload.  No snow for most of SNE for a while...especially so for the outer Cape!

I think some apologies are warranted.  Go back and read this thread, start at page 20. Some great lines to be had. FYI I  see WCT had a foot.

On 11/11/2018 at 6:24 PM, powderfreak said:

The snow map is what dreams are made of for mid-November, lol.

I'll eat my hat if this is what the next 7 days looks like...valid 12z next Sunday.

TysfRAq.png

Munch munch, upload the video please  @powderfreak