Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

The look is good on GEFS but it def isn't Niño. It's just a much more favorable version of the non-Niño look...the euro just has a crap non-Niño look. 

Gefs actually look kind of like a 2010-2011 Niña look...aleutian/dateline ridge poking up into EPO region and a big -NAO. 

I'll take a la nina look for a while in Dec.

12 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

It is kinda true that many times the area around n Exit 17 on Rt 93  is the dividing line between snow and no snow.  Snow depths increase rapidly north of Concord NH.

I have no idea what to expect for the Monday system.  One run is no snow and the next a foot.  Great to live 20 miles north of Brian I just jump on the boards and see Congrats Dendrite and know I'm good to go... (until the next run)

Yeah... it's definitely the spot where things become "NNE" in weather climate discussion.  The bears know.

37 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Some are ice fishing up here, That is Waaay early.

Yeah I've heard about that too in NVT.  For outdoor winter enthusiasts this has been a great weather period, during a time of year which can just look downright depressing.  Cloudy, dreary stick season can be rough.  Nice to occupy some of that time with winter appeal.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, there was definitely a year in the mid-90s when we skated.  I'll have to look for the year... 3 cold days is enough, temps in the teens after a chilly month.

Nov '95, '96, and '97 were all top 10 coldest Novembers at ORH. But most years...even years of yore were too mild to have ice thick enough to pond skate on that early in the season. 

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I've heard about that too in NVT.  For outdoor winter enthusiasts this has been a great weather period, during a time of year which can just look downright depressing.  Cloudy, dreary stick season can be rough.  Nice to occupy some of that time with winter appeal.

Was out hunting the last 3 days, And couple of the tote roads in some of the remote areas we hunt in had some wicked water holes ( 12" ) a couple weeks ago that are frozen solid and supported the truck weight................  :lol:

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nov '95, '96, and '97 were all top 10 coldest Novembers at ORH. But most years...even years of yore were too mild to have ice thick enough to pond skate on that early in the season. 

Looking at the F6 climo reports for ORH, it was definitely 1996. 

There were some very solid cold shots earlier in the month, and quite stretch of cold mins to boot.  Thanksgiving 1996 was 24/13 at ORH.  48-72 hours below freezing after a cold month...multiple mins in the teens... that's enough for pond ice.

This November appears colder so far.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Cold, Exactly, Get that first POS out of the way and advect those colder dews, Do the dews!

That is one powerful POS, would not be surprised to see an eye like feature on visible tomorrow. NJ is close to getting smoked. As it is with this fetch and moon, severe ocean flooding from AC to Florida is already occurring. 12 plus feet sig waves

Screenshot_20181124-212409_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181124-212552_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181124-215759_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That is quite the base builder for SR. Absolutely annihilated. 

Hard to remember last time  they had 300 acres open TDay. This will open a lot more. Man so so bummed. First system wont do crap to the slopes either. Would be an incredible mid week early season experience next week.

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

It is kinda true that many times the area around n Exit 17 on Rt 93  is the dividing line between snow and no snow.  Snow depths increase rapidly north of Concord NH.

I have no idea what to expect for the Monday system.  One run is no snow and the next a foot.  Great to live 20 miles north of Brian I just jump on the boards and see Congrats Dendrite and know I'm good to go... (until the next run)

I’m 10 minutes wnw of exit 17. Indeed

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hard to remember last time  they had 300 acres open TDay. This will open a lot more. Man so so bummed. First system wont do crap to the slopes either. Would be an incredible mid week early season experience next week.

Hope things are well with you health wise.

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Hope things are well with you health wise.

Watching His Majesties Secret Service, filmed in Switzerland. Best snow, avalanche, ski,  cheesy green screen and all movie ever. They had problems filming due to lack of snow in 68/69 winter in Switz, we stole all their snow.

Doing ok back to work 12/3 , thanks. One day at a time

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Watching His Majesties Secret Service, filmed in Switzerland. Best snow, avalanche, ski,  cheesy green screen and all movie ever. They had problems filming due to lack of snow in 68/69 winter in Switz, we stole all their snow.

Doing ok back to work 12/3 , thanks. One day at a time

Glad to hear it. Saw that a while ago you were talking about SSDI.

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

Yeah but they could have been open for a week already..... frozen ground and 8" of cover....better than a lot of spring conditions at least down in Hollis/Brookline area when trails should probably be closed.  The 12/15 date thing is kinda dumb.

Apparently you haven’t worked with a club and landowners before. Also, there are still a tone of open water bars and wetlands.