Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

With a falling temp of 8.5°F just before midnight on 11/29/1875, I'd say that 10°F max high the next day looks good.  I like the description, "decidedly cold".  You think?  Nice archive.

What's more surprising is there was a high of 12 at ORH, so BOS was colder.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And west and 500’ higher than the marshes of back bay. Either way, it was darn cold. 

True, that.  In 1880 the population of Worcester was about 58,000 people, making it the 28th largest city in the country.  But there was probably little or no heat effect like today's cities.

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

True, that.  In 1880 the population of Worcester was about 58,000 people, making it the 28th largest city in the country.  But there was probably little or no heat effect like today's cities.

There probably is a margin or error too, so I don’t read too much into it. But for Chris and Brian to pull out the scrolls for 1875, truly was impressive.

16 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Honestly sounds quite similar to this blast. Nice Arctic front with squalls I'm sure.

Do you have any of the obs times for CON from back then? I find it hard to believe BOS was 10F at midnight and CON was 25F. Maybe the last ob of the day for CON was 7pm or something?

1875-11-29 39 25
1875-11-30 25 -17
1875-12-01 25 -14
1875-12-02 28 -5