Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November discussion

weathafella

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Somebody asked how the weeklies were. Week three and week four started getting that black hole look near Alaska. Hopefully they were too aggressive with that. They have not been the most accurate at that time. But a bit discouraging there. 

A grinch lives in every Christmas.  GYX holding out hope for Brian and Jeff.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Somebody asked how the weeklies were. Week three and week four started getting that black hole look near Alaska. Hopefully they were too aggressive with that. They have not been the most accurate at that time. But a bit discouraging there. 

That’s a good way to put an end to the optimism. That’s just about the #1 thing that could sink this winter. Yuck 

If that’s a real feature, everyone can pretty much flush their robust outlooks 

19 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That’s a good way to put an end to the optimism. That’s just about the #1 thing that could sink this winter. Yuck 

Just for December. It would fit more Nino climo. Who knows if it happens. 

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol cancel it right now. If you start to see run after run showing it then you can panic. There has been huge flips week 3 to 5 . All we know is next 2 weeks look BN with a multiplude of SWs traversing the area.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Just for December. It would fit more Nino climo. Who knows if it happens. 

Maybe I’m wrong, but haven’t seasons that have features that kind of sucked? At least recently? Seems like that can be a pesky feature that sticks around. Not what you want to see showing up in mid December

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol cancel it right now. If you start to see run after run showing it then you can panic. There has been huge flips week 3 to 5 . All we know is next 2 weeks look BN with a multiplude of SWs traversing the area.

Oh it can definitely change, or not show up at all. I’m just saying I’d be pretty concerned if that’s a legit feature that’s going to show up in mid December.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Could that mean a huge bust akin to 01/02 is on the way. That winter was supposed to be a blockbuster all the way down to the Mid-Atlantic.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but haven’t seasons that have features that kind of sucked? At least recently? Seems like that can be a pesky feature that sticks around. Not what you want to see showing up in mid December

Every year features this at least once. Otherwise AK would be ice free...lol. I don't see signs of this becoming permanent, but it's enough to ruin a December if it happens after week 2. Of course...I say IF it happens. There does seem to be some support. 

16 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Congrats interior, awt. Seasonal trend continues.

Its fuking Nov. You perhaps need to revisit your climo norm of 1 inch average and then revisit seasonal jet. I bet in Oct there was a Maine runnawayberg calling for a seasonal trend for Eastern Canada as it was raining in Maine. Lol this place