Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

4 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'll be shocked if the interior ends up favored this winter....I'm pretty confident that that will not be the case. If el nino were moderate and/or more canonical in nature....different ball game.

To support that prognostication, Im likely to be spending much more of my time bak in Pit1 come December 21.  My mother-in-law is moving into Pit2.  The plan was she'd be doing that in January.  I was just hit with an update.that she'd be coming in before Christmas.  I don't think I'll be able to take it!!  So, I'll live in our semi-abandoned Pit1 while it's still available.

I can always escape to there if the QPF gods compel me to.  So, give me a Maine December and a rocking GC for JFM.

Happy Thanksgiving, Weenies.

This sounds optimistic.  From your very own WPC humper.

Sunday will see one system off the NY Bight with a potentially
short-lived but impactful precipitation event - coastal rain but
elevation/inland snow for southern/southeastern New England into
Maine. Over Missouri, organizing low pressure will lift toward
Lake Erie by Monday with rain along/ahead of the front but snow to
its north -- perhaps several inches from Iowa east-northeastward.
Triple point low should wrap across southeastern New England and
into the Gulf of Maine by

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

This sounds optimistic.  From your very own WPC humper.

Sunday will see one system off the NY Bight with a potentially
short-lived but impactful precipitation event - coastal rain but
elevation/inland snow for southern/southeastern New England into
Maine. Over Missouri, organizing low pressure will lift toward
Lake Erie by Monday with rain along/ahead of the front but snow to
its north -- perhaps several inches from Iowa east-northeastward.
Triple point low should wrap across southeastern New England and
into the Gulf of Maine by

Nope.  Wake me in the 2nd week of December.

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'll be shocked if the interior ends up favored this winter....I'm pretty confident that that will not be the case. If el nino were moderate and/or more canonical in nature....different ball game.

Your outlook def got me leaning in that direction.  Could still be decent here, but proportionally the coastal plain should clean up.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Your outlook def got me leaning in that direction.  Could still be decent here, but proportionally the coastal plain should clean up.

Yes. It doesn't have to mean that western zones get screwed like 2015...but eastern areas should have better anomalies.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I would say latitude is a lot more important in Niñas. 

Yeah that makes sense. I'm just trying to figure out which ENSO state would actually favor west of the river. Maybe none of them lol. Also, we've had big coastals in Ninas lately so it seems the latitudinal rule isn't so applicable this decade.

3 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

Yeah that makes sense. I'm just trying to figure out which ENSO state would actually favor west of the river. Maybe none of them lol. Also, we've had big coastals in Ninas lately so it seems the latitudinal rule isn't so applicable this decade.

Stronger and more east based el nino events have more huggers...like 2006,2002 and 1986.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

To support that prognostication, Im likely to be spending much more of my time bak in Pit1 come December 21.  My mother-in-law is moving into Pit2.  The plan was she'd be doing that in January.  I was just hit with an update.that she'd be coming in before Christmas.  I don't think I'll be able to take it!!  So, I'll live in our semi-abandoned Pit1 while it's still available.

I can always escape to there if the QPF gods compel me to.  So, give me a Maine December and a rocking GC for JFM.

Happy Thanksgiving, Weenies.

Sorry about the Mom in law been there myself. One thing my man, she died this year and guess what I miss that cranky old lady a lot. Its Thanksgiving give thanks to what you have. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all my weather peeps

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Stronger and more east based el nino events have more huggers...like 2006,2002 and 1986.

Hmm, interesting. 06-07 was a waste though. I was playing baseball with it 70F in January and it didn't snow until the 2nd week of February. I know it was a huge second half north of here.

11 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

Every outlook favors the east, the west just pick up whatever scraps are left. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

However you want to engineer semantics, I have 80-90" in Boston.

Best of luck Ray, mean this sincerely just disagree respectfully this year on your distributions. The Nino correlation is pretty small compared to our EPO PNA correlations. My own opinion is those 2 areas in the Pac and West coast will produce from now until Mid March