Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November discussion

weathafella

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

does this look like a situation where a trend colder as we get closer or warmer?

A more amplified solution is going to want to cut further west, So it would be a warmer outcome just with that as the winds would be more out of the SSW, Now if the primary ends up further east or SE before the secondary develops, The airmass is still marginal but looks like for some it would still support some frozen precip in the interior, Where is the 1040mb high in que when you need it..............:)

29 minutes ago, dryslot said:

A more amplified solution is going to want to cut further west, So it would be a warmer outcome just with that as the winds would be more out of the SSW, Now if the primary ends up further east or SE before the secondary develops, The airmass is still marginal but looks like for some it would still support some frozen precip in the interior, Where is the 1040mb high in que when you need it..............:)

Pattern isn’t conducive to cutters. We’ve seen many solutions with deep systems in the plains, and yet ultimately by the time they get to us they’re sliding under 40N.  Don’t fear an early bloomer with a               - - NAO.  As I see it now, issue is related to airmass and climatology. Best cold displaced to the west. For many this looks like a battle of strong dynamics vs stale airmass. Too early for details but rain to snow is highest chances for bulk of us imo. 

• Like 2

Pattern isn’t conducive to cutters. We’ve seen many solutions with deep systems in the plains, and yet ultimately by the time they get to us they’re sliding under 40N.  Don’t fear an early bloomer with a               - - NAO.  As I see it now, issue is related to airmass and climatology. Best cold displaced to the west. For many this looks like a battle of strong dynamics vs stale airmass. Too early for details but rain to snow is highest chances for bulk of us imo. 

Well I really don’t classify a primary low running up the Hudson river valley as being a cutter, One that tracks thru MI yes, But whatever the case may be, That airmass is marginal, And the coastal areas would have trouble even if this ends up hugging.

Interior, A different story, But this won’t resolve one way or the other for several more cycles, The look at H5 has been different ea run so far with different outcomes, And the Norlun idea I think transitions more into a SLP as we move further in time.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Well I really don’t classify a primary low running up the Hudson river valley as being a cutter, One that tracks thru MI yes, But whatever the case may be, That airmass is marginal, And the coastal areas would have trouble even if this ends up hugging.

Interior, A different story, But this won’t resolve one way or the other for several more cycles, The look at H5 has been different ea run so far with different outcomes, And the Norlun idea I think transitions more into a SLP as we move further in time.

Agree in general. The high confidence call is the pattern is incredibly amped. Incredibly amped patterns produce very intense systems that can “create their own cold”, if you will....And given what I outlined above, this system is likely to be to our south/east. That’s how I see this from a high level perspective right now...

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Charts favor east yes but my take sees good sub jet without monster -epo/+pna keeping tracks close by. 

Maybe you dnt get porked like 4 yrs ago, but dnt think w NE will be the focus.

I think 06-07 is the only weak el nino to target w NE, but it also wasn't nearly as modoki.

1977-1978 is nearly a perfect analog ENSO and QBO wise.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think 06-07 is the only weak el nino to target w NE, but it also wasn't nearly as modoki.

Hope no 78 spring though. I see March rockin

54 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I’m actually favoring the interior slightly but we’ll see. Regardless, it will be active.