Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November discussion

weathafella

Just now, Dan said:

Yeah....but I will also warn you, that Methuen, plays with fire a bit, and likes to be close to/in the exhaust.  That October snowstorm, we got jack....just sat in the exhaust the whole storm..ended with like 5", didn't have to go too far west to get into the good snows.

I remember the day after the storm driving up to Megan's in N Chelmsford...they had maybe 6-7". We got to ASH and it was double that. Big gradient in only like 5-6 miles. There was def a subsidence area between very heavy precip closer to BOS (which was mostly rain that storm) and the heavier snow bands further west. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I remember the day after the storm driving up to Megan's in N Chelmsford...they had maybe 6-7". We got to ASH and it was double that. Big gradient in only like 5-6 miles. There was def a subsidence area between very heavy precip closer to BOS (which was mostly rain that storm) and the heavier snow bands further west. 

Quite frustrating.

Ray I just mean tstms in general. Nrn Essex county always seems to do well relatively speaking for storms. You can't always expect the core to move in, but you're away from SSW taint indirectly from the s coast too. I think we've all been quiet recently, but I remember the 90s crushing your area.

26 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah....but I will also warn you, that Methuen, plays with fire a bit, and likes to be close to/in the exhaust.  That October snowstorm, we got jack....just sat in the exhaust the whole storm..ended with like 5", didn't have to go too far west to get into the good snows.

Oh, Wilmington is the same way...ditto.

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Methuen the new Mt Everest

heh. I need to rib someone with Kevin hiding.

In all fairness, the little changes in elevation can be cool sometimes. I've had meh glazing here at 615' before only to see up the hill at almost 800' looking like the ice castles.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Fwiw euro looks quite similar to 00z thermally (maybe a hair cooler if you squint enough)  but it's more paltry on qpf. Wave looks a little weaker. 

Looks more in line with other guidance now. It has been on the wetter side previously. Still a solid .4-.5'' for Rt. 2 north into srn NH. I don't know why I'm banging the drum so hard on this event...guess it's cool to have warning and advisory events within 5 days of each other in November. 

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

heh. I need to rib someone with Kevin hiding.

In all fairness, the little changes in elevation can be cool sometimes. I've had meh glazing here at 615' before only to see up the hill at almost 800' looking like the ice castles.

I'll bet I radiate well because its in a mini valley...but won't know til I get the station next week.

Just now, DomNH said:

Looks more in line with other guidance now. It has been on the wetter side previously. Still a solid .4-.5'' for Rt. 2 north into srn NH. I don't know why I'm banging the drum so hard on this event...guess it's cool to have warning and advisory events within 5 days of each other in November. 

Any accumulating snow this early is a nice bonus. It will also make the frigid airmass on Tday a lot more aesthetically tolerable with some fresh snow OTG.