Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Funny how one strong voice from NE CT went quiet this morning. Also, this was always marginal. I honestly never saw this as big potential south of the pike. Maybe nrn CT had a chance but even there it was marginal. You can complain in Jan...but heck in November? I have no sympathy for anyone when climo highs are near 50.

Couldn't agree with you more!!

This has been great...and the potential of Record Cold for Thursday is very impressive imo..and just reinforces the Anomaly of this set up with Climo highs for most in SNE on these days close to 50 degrees.  And yes the one guy from NE CT is MIA because he was one of the ones that was very gung ho for snow on snow today and Tuesday and end of week etc etc and....well.... you know the rest.  

Nice start with BN Cold and a sig Snow event thrown in to boot...I'm not complaining at All.  

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea...north of the loop.

I was just north of the loop on Howe st, diagonal from Tripolis for 9 years.

You can go back and see how I did over the last few years since I updated the table....its not a bad spot...sucks for thunderstorms, did well in most snow storms.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I was just north of the loop on Howe st, diagonal from Tripolis for 9 years.

You can go back and see how I did over the last few years since I updated the table....its not a bad spot...sucks for thunderstorms, did well in most snow storms.

Yea, I'm right off of Howe st...Hall st.

Scooter told me Methuen was good for T storms lol....can't be any worse than Wilmington.

Were you usually on cold side of coastal front?

52 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Funny how fast things can change....many(myself included) were hoping for a few winter type hits in a row in this pattern in SNE, but looks not to be the case now...unfortunate.  Still very impressive BN temps for the time of year.  And I'm not complaining about the 8.75" of November snow that came back on Thursday.  Darn good start for sure.  Hope we can cash in in early December??  

Tonight/tomorrow should be my 3rd wintery event in 5 days. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I'm right off of Howe st...Hall st.

Scooter told me Methuen was good for storms lol....can't be any worse than Wilmington.

Were you usually on cold side of coastal front?

Most time's yes....It would come just up to Lawrence and alot of time stall out there and eventually back down.  Not all the time, but alot of the time it had a hard time pushing through.  

It's a decent spot, as I said not great for t-storms, although a microburst went through just north of the fire station a couple of years ago.  Always a good spot for wind, if you are into that. 

If you like cannoli's, tripoli's are fantastic. 

Just now, WxBlue said:

I saw your stats for that year below.... ooooof

That season produced my favorite wx event ever in October but was an epic toaster bath afterwards. I can only remember one warning event the entire season after October and I think it was in March. 

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Tonight/tomorrow should be my 3rd wintery event in 5 days. 

Being farther north than a lot of us in SNE has certainly helped/is helping you this November..

I didn't receive any Precip last night and today here, and tonights and tomorrow's is 99% rain here...a Cold rain.  But hey, that's the way things go..especially in November.  Enjoy the snow pal...it's certainly not all that often something like this happens..

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Most time's yes....It would come just up to Lawrence and alot of time stall out there and eventually back down.  Not all the time, but alot of the time it had a hard time pushing through.  

It's a decent spot, as I said not great for t-storms, although a microburst went through just north of the fire station a couple of years ago.  Always a good spot for wind, if you are into that. 

Yea, I'm about a mile north of the fire station....I'll have to try tripolis.

Coastal front got me in the  last event....made it all the way to Nashua, but that is in Novie on an east wind.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Dan, that is correct. I always pay close attention to the wind direction. If the wind begins to turn more toward the east I know the CF will soon pass by. If the wind is more to the NE or N I know the CF is going to have a difficult time pushing further to the N and W.

I recall that microburst. And I toured the area after it hit. Some homes had tree limbs all over them while houses 2 doors down had only minor tree damage. In some areas there was almost a funneling affect.

8 minutes ago, DomNH said:

That season produced my favorite wx event ever in October but was an epic toaster bath afterwards. I can only remember one warning event the entire season after October and I think it was in March. 

One of my favorite weather events was also a October snowstorm in North Carolina so I totally get it haha. But yeah, that winter was absolutely terrible down south too. I don't think we got a single snow event above trace. Several very forgettable winters from early 2010s.

11 minutes ago, DomNH said:

We had one Warning event in January that season(Jan of 2012), got about 7 inches or so.  And then that was just about it.  Horrid season for sure....Sucked.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I'm about a mile north of the fire station....I'll have to try tripolis.

Coastal front got me in the  last event....made it all the way to Nashua, but that is in Novie on an east wind.

Yeah...its a bit early in the year still...easier time getting through

7 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Dan, that is correct. I always pay close attention to the wind direction. If the wind begins to turn more toward the east I know the CF will soon pass by. If the wind is more to the NE or N I know the CF is going to have a difficult time pushing further to the N and W.

I recall that microburst. And I toured the area after it hit. Some homes had tree limbs all over them while houses 2 doors down had only minor tree damage. In some areas there was almost a funneling affect.

There's a little ridge that runs along and east of Howe St, starting at the loop and heading into New Hampshire that probably helps a bit....after east and south from the it flattens out around the Merrimack River

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

There's a little ridge that runs along and east of Howe St, starting at the loop and heading into New Hampshire that probably helps a bit....after east and south from the it flattens out around the Merrimack River

Help with that, keeping the marine layer at bay...like a wedge, you mean?

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Help with that, keeping the marine layer at bay...like a wedge, you mean?

Yeah....but I will also warn you, that Methuen, plays with fire a bit, and likes to be close to/in the exhaust.  That October snowstorm, we got jack....just sat in the exhaust the whole storm..ended with like 5", didn't have to go too far west to get into the good snows.