Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

As usual in marginal events if it comes down hard people will get more snow.  If it’s lightish it will be a big nothing in the pike region.

If we can get the low to really blow up as it exits stage right, that will help out the marginal areas...esp in the east in BOS suburbs. They could flash to heavy snow for 2-3 hours and lay down a few inches in that scenario. That prob what you want to look for in your location since the initial overrunning frontal stuff won't get it done there I don't think. 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If we can get the low to really blow up as it exits stage right, that will help out the marginal areas...esp in the east in BOS suburbs. They could flash to heavy snow for 2-3 hours and lay down a few inches in that scenario. That prob what you want to look for in your location since the initial overrunning frontal stuff won't get it done there I don't think. 

Yeah it’s really too warm initially.  This would likely be 3-6 a month from now.

Just now, weathafella said:

Yeah it’s really too warm initially.  This would likely be 3-6 a month from now.

Yeah or even more than that. It's a great winter setup. Hard to remember that the calendar is still only 11/20 for that event. We're not supposed to be getting snows on that type of setup that early...so really anything...even if it's an inch or two at the end....is a total bonus. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Bufkit on board with that idea. NE MA is definitely flipping to +SN for an hour or two last in the game.

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah or even more than that. It's a great winter setup. Hard to remember that the calendar is still only 11/20 for that event. We're not supposed to be getting snows on that type of setup that early...so really anything...even if it's an inch or two at the end....is a total bonus. 

It's still so incredibly early.  The seasonal progression from north to south of the baroclinic zone, and overall mean temperature gradients, will continue obviously.  The pattern is positioned well for above normal number of snow "threats" for this time of year. 

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's still so incredibly early.  The seasonal progression from north to south of the baroclinic zone, and overall mean temperature gradients, will continue obviously.  The pattern is positioned well for above normal number of snow "threats" for this time of year. 

PWM has already tripled normal snow for November, but let's do that in January and we can talk.

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

RGEM is like 40 miles north of the NAM. It's almost totally not believable. It was the furthest north at 18z too and I was thinking it might come back a little. Esp after seeing the RPM and NAM stabilize at 00z. 

Instead it went even further north. 

Reeks of over-jacked mesoscale model.  No way with the current model consensus would this make sense.  GFS/EURO blend is the way to go.

y33Knr0.gif

• Like 1

sleet...

many of us just had a pretty big snowstorm for so early in the season, in fact here it was as big if not bigger than the biggest of the season was during recent ratter years and many of the winters of my yore (80s)

Tuesday is no loss at all, in fact sounds like a good event unfolding for areas that should be seeing it 

after 3-4 inches of powdery snow early Thanksgiving morning 1989 in Bristol CT (yes, areas south and east had much more) temp slowly fell to around 20f during the afternoon with strong northerly winds and wind chills below zero punctuated by blowing snow...I never thought I would see a colder Thanksgiving but Thursday sounds pretty impressive and if memory serves me right 1989 fell on the earlier side (23rd?) also

• Like 1