Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

GFS lays down like a 5-spot here, but quick drop south...at least on the clown map...prob a little warm at 2m, though. 

It's pretty warm below 925 south of there...though with that track, it's prob the GFS just being the GFS. It would prob have good snows further south than the clown maps in reality. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's pretty warm below 925 south of there...though with that track, it's prob the GFS just being the GFS. It would prob have good snows further south than the clown maps in reality. 

FV3 is much colder in that lowest 50 mb for like the LWM. :o

I'm immediately skeptical of the GFS because that perpetually mixed boundary layer issue last year (though it doesn't appear to be an issue at the moment). 

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

S.NH looks like the spot to be, blending all the data.

Yeah. Cheshire county is the best spot for all guidance. They get at least high end advisory on every model. Rt 2 looks pretty good too in MA though the 18z rgem got pretty mixy there. I'm guessing it prob won't be as warm as those warmest solutions given how cold the euro is and it's hard to bet against the euro that hard inside 48h. If you took the usual 60/40 or 70/30 blend it's a good event north of the pike through S NH and coastal Maine. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

FV3 looked a little beefy in FIT compared to actuality. Eh whatever. Hopefully the FV3 is better.

Definitely a lot more coops and CoCoRaHS in the 1 inch range than the 0.50-0.75"

But then again the FV3 wouldn't be the new model if it wasn't at least marginally better.

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Definitely a lot more coops and CoCoRaHS in the 1 inch range than the 0.50-0.75"

But then again the FV3 wouldn't be the new model if it wasn't at least marginally better.

We pray. I just want a model that doesn't warm ORH to 40 when the low goes east of ACK. Hopefully not too much to ask.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Boston SSTs are running 2°F colder than last year for this date and the coldest since 2014, currently at 50°F.  It should only get better after the arctic blast starting Wednesday.  It won't matter much for these November storms around here, but it bodes well for the usual cliff hangers in December where a degree or two could make the difference, barring any unforeseen extended warmups.

https://seatemperature.info/november/boston-water-temperature.html

4 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Portland only has free yard waste pick up during November. We've lost two weeks of that now, and I was on midnights for another. Looks like I'll be out during misery mist May to try and dig up the mulch berm that the builders put up to catch run off. 

I didn't even get a chance to set up a snow board to measure the first full winter season at the new location.

I missed the opportunity to get the leaves cleared two years ago.....just a disaster in the spring.  Really hurt the look of things for a good chunk of time in the spring.

Fortunately, we were all cleaned up the week before Halloween this year, ftw.

48 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Are you leaning mild Rainer for all of SNE like Nam or snowy 84 north like Euro?

28 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

In between the two probably....pike.

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Like Will said, probably a 70/30 compromise with Euro and warmer guidance. 

Yeah right now I think you have to go compromise. It's rarely 100% one or the other...sometimes it happens but more often than not the solutions will start to converge when we are this close in.