Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

34 minutes ago, mreaves said:

My lawn looks fine. An unbroken blanket of white hides the leaves and grass that needed one more mowing. 

Ya I guess if this is the worst thing that could happen with this concrete base I will just suck it up and pay someone to come and do the spring cleanup 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I kid, I kid.

I divorced winter on Monday February 2, 2015. My life has been wonderful ever since. No longer do I panic over ambiguous threats, no more depression over failed opportunities, no despair over the lies we tell ourselves about a relationship that’s more love/hate than we want to admit. 

I enjoy what I get when I get it and have fun mocking the inevitable disasters that come along. I’ll be fine. I appreciate the concern though :lol:

Eh...its been a lot more love than hate over the course of the past 25 years....but sure, my childhood was traumatic, as I was subject to years of meterological abuse.

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

3-6” for all!!

nkiNVyj.jpg

"all"
DISCLAIMER:
"ALL" in no way represents the locations equal to and including:
-The southern 1/3rd of Connecticut
-The southern 1/3rd of Rhode Island
-The southeastern portion of Massachusetts that will be named as "Cape Cod and The Islands" for the purposes of this hype post.
Also, "3-6"" is not an precise representation for those within the snow zone.  The 0-2" totals represented are merely for additional lolz.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, just a bit different up here I’m sure. I hope that long term trend continues. I crumbled pretty quickly in DC. 2013-14 was amazing but the rubber band snapped back hard the first 2/3 of met winter the next year. After a trifecta of losses in January/Feb ‘15 I melted epically and told myself I was getting out of the obsessively tracking snow game for good. That’s when I started The Panic Room in the Mid-Atlantic subforum. 

I still care about putting up numbers of course because we all like snow, but tracking winter wx (and tropical for that matter) with a far more dispassionate disposition has made me a much better forecaster, and a lot more sane.

Well lets think of your 2015 abuse and compare it to the beast of a man shed we were thrown into in 2010.  Ray still has scars from that and Tamarack still sees a therapist weekly because of that winter.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

"all"
DISCLAIMER:
"ALL" in no way represents the locations equal to and including:
-The southern 1/3rd of Connecticut
-The southern 1/3rd of Rhode Island
-The southeastern portion of Massachusetts that will be named as "Cape Cod and The Islands" for the purposes of this hype post.
Also, "3-6"" is not an precise representation for those within the snow zone.  The 0-2" totals represented are merely for additional lolz.

:lol: 

If Tolland can be grouped in with ORH...that means it's "for all".  

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I saw an article about how much they charge for data. For all layer soundings it insane what they charge. 

WeatherBell does at least have time/height charts for ASOS/AWOS points that have data every 50 mb (maybe 25 mb?). While not a sounding, you can get a pretty good handle on warm air in the low to mid levels. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Sprinkles on snow. Congrats.

I'm pulling for you though. The yard cleanup opportunity is quickly diminishing as the glacier formed and the snow on snow opportunities keep coming. I'm probably going to have to come to peace with frozen, matted leaves stuck to a lawn needing a final mow.

Portland only has free yard waste pick up during November. We've lost two weeks of that now, and I was on midnights for another. Looks like I'll be out during misery mist May to try and dig up the mulch berm that the builders put up to catch run off. 

I didn't even get a chance to set up a snow board to measure the first full winter season at the new location.

I like this look for tuesday .. not too far away from another borderline warning event (4"-8") for some. Props to @jbenedet for being bullish on the potential a couple days ago

like others have already said, really need that wave tmrw to push that boundary south. Toggling between GFS/EURO/NAM 12z runs looks like GFS/EURO are really close on where that boundary sets up. Def would be sweating this out along the pike / N CT .. thinking theres gonna be a very sharp gradient between T-1" and 4"+ somewhere close. 

• Like 1