Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just got upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning.  Man this will be a nail biter around these parts.  All models have the 0C isotherm get to within a county of here but all seem to stay just far enough south that we may pull it off.

Nail biter here to, will we get 1 or 1.25 in inch of rain.  The anxiety is killing me.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Could happen!  Remember when Will looked at the weak or moderate ninos with a good December-epicosity is possible.   Waiting for Mark in Webster NH and Zeus to complete the cycle.

I’m here, my bruthuh from another bubbe.  I’ve been Distracted lately because my husband just completed a political campaign, but now I am tuning in. It has felt like we’re stepping down in an orderly but fast process, and that’s what it’s starting to look like.  Winter starts this week.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I’m here, my bruthuh from another bubbe.  I’ve been Distracted lately because my husband just completed a political campaign, but now I am tuning in. It has felt like we’re stepping down in an orderly but fast process, and that’s what it’s starting to look like.  Winter starts this week.

Did he win?

52 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Did he win?

He didn’t.  We live in a trump district.   He was a great candidate and we did flip our state house, which was the main reason he ran.  He has no interest in a political career but a definite interest in public service.  We are both becoming very involved in organizing for 2020, which is starting now.  Happy to talk more via PM.

• Like 2

Tonight looks colder in the low levels than Friday's event here. I think timing is in my favor as I'm now getting some radiational cooling under a thin cirrostratus deck. 31.6° F with a dew point of 20° F, so I may not need to "waste" some snow QPF as 34° F slop like I did on Friday.

Instead I look to start as a 30-31° F snow and possibly rip 1/2" to 1" per hour for a few hours before changing to rain around 10-11z. The other difference with this event is the fact the warm air is initially coming in the lower levels (below 850 mb) as opposed to up around 750 mb. My location does better at holding low level cold than mid level cold, so maybe if I can stay snow an hour or two longer than the HRRR depicts, I will get an extra inch or two. 

Regardless, I still think I get 2-3" tonight with an outside shot of 4-5".

You know ... this isn't a knock intended toward anyone but, there's levels of imby-ism...

We see the edge of our universe as terminating somewhere around 90 W ...inside of which we're waiting on winter as though that realm within defines the progress of matters.

But that's the outer "yard" ... Reality is it's been snowing at times for over a week out there in the midriff lat/lons...  Winter's ahead of schedule by a goodly margin over this 'sector' of the hemispheric scope. We just have been edged on the warm converyor side of the trough just yet -

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You know ... this isn't a knock intended toward anyone but, there's levels of imby-ism...

We see the edge of our universe as terminating somewhere around 90 W ...inside of which we're waiting on winter as though that realm within defines the progress of matters.

But that's the outer "yard" ... Reality is it's been snowing at times for over a week out there in the midriff lat/lons...  Winter's ahead of schedule by a goodly margin over this 'sector' of the hemispheric scope. We just have been edged on the warm converyor side of the trough just yet -

So?

40 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So?

heh, wrong thread - meant that for that countdown one.  there's a palpable tenor in that thread about getting this winter going and ...well, it's already going. it's just not doing right here in new england - hence the extension of imby stuff...  that's all.

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

heh, wrong thread - meant that for that countdown one.  there's a palpable tenor in that thread about getting this winter going and ...well, it's already going. it's just not doing right here in new england - hence the extension of imby stuff...  that's all.

Correct. In the NH...we winter. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Don’t worry, it’s coming.