Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Folks, this is the best time of the year arguably.  We don’t know what’s going to happen but we’re st the doorstep of winter and it looks like the rats aren’t nearby.  Happy to be alive!

Absolutely, Jerry!  I'm eager to see my visibility reduced.

Down to 36* now.

image.png.0f33374b47f6344143909759c67ed170.png

• Like 2

What a cold day... this is more like it.

We did sneak up to a high of 33F at MVL so can't call it the first freezing or below day.  Looks like MPV, BML, HIE probably stayed at 32F or lower though.

Snow cover in the yard hasn't gone anywhere.  The most persistent 1" ever, but I guess that's what happens when there's 3/4ths of an inch of liquid in it.

32/8 with calm winds right now.  About to absolutely plummet when the sun goes down here in a few minutes.

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a cold day... this is more like it.

We did sneak up to a high of 33F at MVL so can't call it the first freezing or below day.  Looks like MPV, BML, HIE probably stayed at 32F or lower though.

Snow cover in the yard hasn't gone anywhere.  The most persistent 1" ever, but I guess that's what happens when there's 3/4ths of an inch of liquid in it.

32/8 with calm winds right now.  About to absolutely plummet when the sun goes down here in a few minutes.

Nice.  Topped out at 38* at Pit2, down to 32* now.

I'll take the 12z Euro with a side of fries please...

That would be a solid 10-15" snowstorm IMBY verbatim, assuming 10:1 ratios. 18z ICON would introduce big QPF worries for NNE, but no one should be putting too much stock in a particular solution at this point. The GOOFUS seems oddly warm right now, as it seems to be doing a lot lately. The fact that there's near universal consensus for a coastal storm should be enough to get anyone excited right now.

I never made it out of the 20s today with a high of 29.4° F and a low of 21.1° F. I think I'll likely get my first teens tonight. There's still about an inch of crusty snow leftover from Friday night, but by the time you get down to about 2K it's bare ground. Tuesday looks similar here with a quick 1-3", maybe 2-4" event before changing to rain.

7 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

That would be a solid 10-15" snowstorm IMBY verbatim, assuming 10:1 ratios. 18z ICON would introduce big QPF worries for NNE, but no one should be putting too much stock in a particular solution at this point. The GOOFUS seems oddly warm right now, as it seems to be doing a lot lately. The fact that there's near universal consensus for a coastal storm should be enough to get anyone excited right now.

I never made it out of the 20s today with a high of 29.4° F and a low of 21.1° F. I think I'll likely get my first teens tonight. There's still about an inch of crusty snow leftover from Friday night, but by the time you get down to about 2K it's bare ground. Tuesday looks similar here with a quick 1-3", maybe 2-4" event before changing to rain.

The GFS playing right into its bias, Save a horse.

18 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

What’s your el?

19 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

The snow map is what dreams are made of for mid-November, lol.

I'll eat my hat if this is what the next 7 days looks like...valid 12z next Sunday.

TysfRAq.png