Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November discussion

weathafella

25 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The one a few days later looks better.

Longwave pattern better but flow faster. Concern with that is too progressive for a late bloomer...Obviously much more uncertainty with Tuesday but would want to see shortwave trend much stronger in coming days or will write off a big event. 

To me, Friday is a wind/rain T-storm (for SNE) for most. Looks like a case where coastal isn’t pressed southeast until gets into significant climo CAD areas—Whites of NH and interior ME. Good back end snows for whites, northern greens, and interior ME probably. That’s my first guess anyway...

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

What do you guys like better? weathermodels.com or wxbell?

I have never used weather models.com just wxbell. I like their Graphics you can get in really close but their Banner takes up so much space that I have to always look at it full-screen to see the New England maps. Also each model data is in different places interface face is confusing they said they were going to update this summer and they never have yet. Dictating this message on my smartphone so it's a little messed up sorry.

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Let me be the first one to post a Euro weenie snow map. Congrats Pete, Mitch, PF, Jspin, Mr Eaves maybe Dendy, Tamarack. 

Yeah, specific maps aside, it’s hard to keep seeing that play out on run after run after run on numerous models and not think the northern mountains will do something with it.  The BTV NWS isn’t saying much yet, but I’m sure they’ll start talking soon if it looks like there’s some potential there.

5 hours ago, dendrite said:

What do you guys like better? weathermodels.com or wxbell?

I've only used wxbell for the past several years, i would like to give weathermodels a try this winter. I can say this, ever since Ryan Maue left wxbell, the graphics production have become stagnant. There have been no new models or panels really at all, as far as i can tell. They even added then removed the UKMET which is a shame. 

I would imagine weathermodels is undergoing constant development and updates with Ryan Maue being actively involved. Also the graphics look identical, pretty much, so Ryan retained the rights to them.

51 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I've only used wxbell for the past several years, i would like to give weathermodels a try this winter. I can say this, ever since Ryan Maue left wxbell, the graphics production have become stagnant. There have been no new models or panels really at all, as far as i can tell. They even added then removed the UKMET which is a shame. 

I would imagine weathermodels is undergoing constant development and updates with Ryan Maue being actively involved. Also the graphics look identical, pretty much, so Ryan retained the rights to them.

I'd consider changing too but I just know where everything is on wxbell and how to get what I'm looking for quickly.  

For those that have used Wxbell and Maue's new site, what's the better mobile version?  

To get a wintry even this weekend, we need the troughing to be centered near James Bay, Canada, not western Hudson Bay.  H5 troughing resembles a -PNA, +NAO and a -AO, the -AO could produce a snow event for SNE, but right now the models are too far west which is expected with a -PNA where the troughing is over the central US.