Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

29 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

that squall line was modeled much further north-it's northern extent was where the models had the southern extent!    going to end up with about .50 here give or take...HRRR had the lesser amounts and that looks to verify....

HRRR from a few hours ago

The stronger high pressure  and CAD over Northern New England caused the secondary low to track further to the SE. Someone always misses out with a Milller B. ;)

22 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It was actually a pretty good hit rain wise. Almost no wind though. I just drove through it out to Amityville and there was flooding every where from the leaves.

All this rain has been delaying the leaf clean up this month. Interesting brown leaf patterns on the pavement from piles of soaking wet leaves. 

1.62”

Horrible driving conditions for the entire duration of my 7 hour drive to and from Connecticut today, it’s absolutely disgusting that there isn’t some sort of crossing between LI and CT, the trip would’ve taken 1/3rd of that time, but that’s another topic.

9 minutes ago, Cfa said:

1.62”

Horrible driving conditions for the entire duration of my 7 hour drive to and from Connecticut today, it’s absolutely disgusting that there isn’t some sort of crossing between LI and CT, the trip would’ve taken 1/3rd of that time, but that’s another topic.

heavy traffic with the holiday weekend (for some).     Rumor was that Rte 25 from Bridgeport was proposed to cross the sound and go in somewhere around Port Jeff....never got constructed but wow-that would have made the trip alot easier...

25 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

heavy traffic with the holiday weekend (for some).     Rumor was that Rte 25 from Bridgeport was proposed to cross the sound and go in somewhere around Port Jeff....never got constructed but wow-that would have made the trip alot easier...

I like the idea of an I-91 extension to the LIE via William Floyd Parkway, the two are almost perfectly aligned, it makes the most sense. The only issue would be that the bridge/tunnel would be crossing the widest part of the Sound.

4 minutes ago, Cfa said:

I like the idea of an I-91 extension to the LIE via William Floyd Parkway, the two are almost perfectly aligned, the only issue would be that the bridge/tunnel would be crossing the widest part of the Sound.

given the costs, environmental concerns, etc etc, it will never happen in our lifetimes...

18 hours ago, bluewave said:

The first half of this November is a departure from the drier 2010's patterns. This will be the wettest first half of November for NYC during the 2010's. The record for NYC since 1980 is 5.15 in 1995.

November 1-15 NYC precipitation of the 2010's:

2018.....1.57.... so far with more to come

Amazing contrast in 1995 we went from 0 rain in August until the last day and forest fires everywhere to such a wet November.  Had 3-5" of snow in November too a week before Thanksgiving, a big surprise.  It was in the 60s the day before lol.

9 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

It's been raining fairly hard here since about 2:30 or so. Looks like possibly a low topped squall line in Eastern PA forming as well.

I'm in Eastern PA for the weekend and in the Jim Thorpe area we had snow for an hour from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM, the first snowflakes of the season!  It ended after that and we went into a lull and by the time the juicy stuff moved in later in the afternoon it was all rain of course.

11 hours ago, Cfa said:

1.62”

I drove home from Brattleboro VT, left there around 5, and it was absolutely horrible driving conditions. Of course when I got about a mile from home it pretty much stopped raining.

Models are hinting at another big storm Fri/Sat that might have some tropical influences from the disturbance located east of the lesser Antilles.

Before that, Tuesday could deliver 1-2" but if that low shifts further west then higher amounts are possible. This will be a much larger, wetter, and stronger system than yesterday. 

Very active November pattern likely to continue. 

• Like 1

Snow showers? Keep em. It’s 50 degrees here.

*Although, I have seen flurries with temps this warm, twice. I recall reading somewhere (years ago) that NYC actually holds the record for the warmest temp (49/50 degrees) where snowfall was officially observed, idk how true that is, but it’s plausible as I’ve seen it.