Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Annual end of Oct blockbuster

Ginx snewx

49 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I have a lithium powered blower as well. We slowing GW one lawn gear at a time. 

I just have an old Toro corded one...I didn’t know there were battery powered ones. Neat. How long can you get out of one charge?   I would love a good battery powered mower as well but I have a big yard. 

1.40" precip thru 7 this morning.  Last evening's heavier rain included 0.2" IP, also 2 flash-rumbles about 9:30.  Winds probably gusted near 30 late, enough for some mild house creaks.  Ground is still white, as temps never reached 35.
After watching the game 3 marathon, I went to bed just before last night's scoring began, and missed all the fun.

10 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I just have an old Toro corded one...I didn’t know there were battery powered ones. Neat. How long can you get out of one charge?   I would love a good battery powered mower as well but I have a big yard. 

I have 1.5 acres and can do the yard on one charge, depending how often I use the turbo trigger. If I wait until all the leaves are down I think It would take two charges but that’s fine. I’ll end up getting another battery or just take a 2 hour break while it charges. It’s really quiet and the power is comparable to its gas competitors. Love it. 

https://powerworkstools.com/global/en/products/blowers-pc82bpb

• Like 1

21 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Wonder what JSpin is seeing as his spot is right on those dark reds on the Spine.  Is that sleet mixed with pancakes?

IMG_1011.GIF.19020dbdb40fc7edea38f88bb17bd670.GIF

PF, I see that radar image is from around 2:00 P.M., so at that point the precipitation was pounding snow composed of huge flakes up to 2 inches in diameter.  I was driving on Route 2 right through Bolton Flats a bit later during that snowfall, and visibility was very low.  I had all my camera gear with me because I was heading out for a ski tour, and I thought about getting an image of the heavy snowfall, but pulling over would actually have been somewhat sketchy in that area with the conditions.  I was actually on my way up to Bolton Valley to check out the snow conditions, and turned back at the 1,000’ elevation point on the access road.  They hadn’t plowed the road yet subsequent to the heavy snowfall, and even the Subaru was slipping a bit at times.  I wasn’t going to chance heading way up without knowing when the plow might come through (although I did see it starting up as I approached the bottom).  There was actually a car flipped on its side right in the middle of Bolton Flats as I was heading back to the house, and one has to think the heavy snowfall played a part in that accident.

You want to know the weirdest thing I saw yesterday though? (not sure home much you were out and about).  Later when I was heading to Stowe for some skiing, I hit Shutesville Hill at the Waterbury/Stowe line, and all the snow on the ground simply disappeared (usually that high point is the snowiest spot I encounter on that stretch of Route 100).  I have no idea what sort of microclimate weirdness was going on, but all of the town of Stowe was strangely devoid of snow for whatever reason.  I was talking to the guy at Edelweiss later, and he said he’d even heard about the weird snow cutoff.

Anyway, I’ve got some additional weather details and some pictures from yesterday in the report I put together for the NNE thread.

17 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

PF, I see that radar image is from around 2:00 P.M., so at that point the precipitation was pounding snow composed of huge flakes up to 2 inches in diameter.  I was driving on Route 2 right through Bolton Flats a bit later during that snowfall, and visibility was very low.  I had all my camera gear with me because I was heading out for a ski tour, and I thought about getting an image of the heavy snowfall, but pulling over would actually have been somewhat sketchy in that area with the conditions.  I was actually on my way up to Bolton Valley to check out the snow conditions, and turned back at the 1,000’ elevation point on the access road.  They hadn’t plowed the road yet subsequent to the heavy snowfall, and even the Subaru was slipping a bit at times.  I wasn’t going to chance heading way up without knowing when the plow might come through (although I did see it starting up as I approached the bottom).  There was actually a car flipped on its side right in the middle of Bolton Flats as I was heading back to the house, and one has to think the heavy snowfall played a part in that accident.

You want to know the weirdest thing I saw yesterday though? (not sure home much you were out and about).  Later when I was heading to Stowe for some skiing, I hit Shutesville Hill at the Waterbury/Stowe line, and all the snow on the ground simply disappeared (usually that high point is the snowiest spot I encounter on that stretch of Route 100).  I have no idea what sort of microclimate weirdness was going on, but all of the town of Stowe was strangely devoid of snow for whatever reason.  I was talking to the guy at Edelweiss later, and he said he’d even heard about the weird snow cutoff.

Anyway, I’ve got some additional weather details and some pictures from yesterday in the report I put together for the NNE thread.

Yeah it was very odd yesterday!  I saw that too, RT 100 was snowing through Waterbury Center and then once over the Stowe line it went to nothing. 

We were pounding sleet for most of that heavy band that dropped 1-3" yesterday afternoon in areas south of here.  I heard it was the same up in Hyde Park and to the north... very little snow and mostly sleet/rain.  I only got 0.2" of rock candy like ice chunks to accumulate during the heavier precipitation in the afternoon mixed with a few flakes.  But we never saw any period where it was just 100% snow.

Looking at CoCoRAHS it wasn't a precip issue as we had about the same QPF as everywhere else, just must've been some odd warm layers in the mid-levels to the north of the strong evaporational cooling or something?  But when you were seeing those huge heavy snowflakes we were pounding like chunks of ice and occasionally a flake would float down amid that.