Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Annual end of Oct blockbuster

Ginx snewx

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That would be so awesome to get a big damaging icestorm like that so early in the season. Really hoping that works out up there. Jealous as can be 

I always thought that very early season or late-season ice storms are improbable because of high Sun angle and insolation. We now have a late February sun so I would think probabilities of icing increase rapidly over the next coming weeks with a right setup.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sell on the ice.

Maybe near Mitch is possible since the elevation is so good there and there's a nice cold layer in the 900-950 range.

A few hours of parachutes in CNE looks the most interesting.

Yeah not much ice down here. At least NNE and parts of CNE get something interesting.

27 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Don’t even bother wasting your time chasing this one...there will be more interesting ones coming soon.   

We hope??? Lol.

It should be a decent event way up by Wildcat and Sugarloaf. They mix, but not before a decent snow for October standards.  I’ll be interested to see how he CAD does in NH. Gene at 1100’ will be one to follow to see how he does.

18 minutes ago, dryslot said:

12z Euro a few ticks colder in the foothill region to the border up here and out east to HUL, That could warrant a decent front end snow before the changeover, Could even be warning snows for some.

That's like an isothermal 0C from the mid levels to the BL through 18z. A 33F burst of accums wouldn't surprise me up here. Euro has about 0.3" liquid here through 18z.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That's like an isothermal 0C from the mid levels to the BL through 18z. A 33F burst of accums wouldn't surprise me up here. Euro has about 0.3" liquid here through 18z.

A couple inches or so for you not out of the question in those heavier rates, Has that look of a blue bomb for the foothills back to the mountains here, Greens over in NH and back down the spine into to SVT, Pretty much the same areas as the other day look to get hit again.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

It should be a decent event way up by Wildcat and Sugarloaf. They mix, but not before a decent snow for October standards.  I’ll be interested to see how he CAD does in NH. Gene at 1100’ will be one to follow to see how he does.

I'll update from the WC weenie quad tomorrow.

:weenie::D:weenie:

Not thinking my cabin ends up with much. Maybe a slushy inch or two only to be washed away by the time I return.

Seems like the model trend has been slightly colder.  18Z NAM reversed course and is a bit warmer than 12Z.  Slight changes will make all the difference for me.  By the way the White mountains were beautiful today against the blue sky.  Very white down to about 2000 feet in elevation.

53 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s pretty cool to even talk about precip types in October. Take a step back and think about that. We’ve had some pretty chilly air masses. 

Frigid air masses.

Even with full sun it's 39/14 up here.  Dews have been in the teens all day, there's room to wet bulb.  Especially if we get some early radiation all cooling to help the low levels.