• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Annual end of Oct blockbuster

Ginx snewx

Nevermind. Looks to be a Sunday deal or Sunday night into Monday which would be the 28th-29th interestingly enough. The GFS has a sheared inland mess in its 06z run but the FV3-GFS has a significant storm closer to the coast than the Euro albeit 35mb weaker than the said Euro. 

Hopefully they hold and others come on board as this would be the first fun week of tracking in the nor’easter season!

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Big coastals in autumn are always a good sign.

I won't lie, but that to me is like saying October snow is a bad thing.  Is there actually any evidence of this or is it just more of a "it can't be a bad thing to see storms this time of year"?

It seems like even crappy winters have autumn storms... like 2011, or 2006 there were huge October storms.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I won't lie, but that to me is like saying October snow is a bad thing.  Is there actually any evidence of this or is it just more of a "it can't be a bad thing to see storms this time of year"?

It seems like even crappy winters have autumn storms... like 2011, or 2006 there were huge October storms.

Lots of correlation data between the number and low pressure of Autumns storms and the following 3 to 4 months of weather.  Deep deep wet storms seem to be on the rise. With this insane coastal SST gradient set up, the increasing snow cover buildup in Eastern Canada looks like another crazy wild 5 months ahead

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lots of correlation data between the number and low pressure of Autumns storms and the following 3 to 4 months of weather.  Deep deep wet storms seem to be on the rise. With this insane coastal SST gradient set up, the increasing snow cover buildup in Eastern Canada looks like another crazy wild 5 months ahead

Yup.   The October snow thing is kind of tongue in cheek but it makes sense if you think about the rubber band snapping on some level.   But our pattern flipped in mid October.    2002 analogue for 2002-03 winter to me works.

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yup.   The October snow thing is kind of tongue in cheek but it makes sense if you think about the rubber band snapping on some level.   But our pattern flipped in mid October.    2002 analogue for 2002-03 winter to me works.

Euro seasonal reminds me of 2002-2003...was telling Will and scooter that.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I'd be curious to see some of that correlation data, just from a pure skeptical standpoint.  I just feel like I can come up with big autumn storms in both crappy and great winters.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong though.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I'd be curious to see some of that correlation data, just from a pure skeptical standpoint.  I just feel like I can come up with big autumn storms in both crappy and great winters.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong though.

I’d like to see it too.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Go research its out there.

Do you have the time to do it for us?