Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
✨Pittsburgh PA ❄ Winter 2018-2019

north pgh

1 minute ago, blackngoldrules said:

Looking at some of those heavier returns moving in from the south, I wonder if that's where sleet is starting to mix in? Flakes are getting bigger where I'm at and that's usually an indicator that mixing isn't far off.

Maybe, but they keep showing Washington on wpxi...and it is still snow.

12 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

Looking at some of those heavier returns moving in from the south, I wonder if that's where sleet is starting to mix in? Flakes are getting bigger where I'm at and that's usually an indicator that mixing isn't far off.

I was wondering the same thing.. Looks like 50dbz returns on radar.. Not sure that is all snow lol

All sleet now in Bethel Park/Mt. Lebanon.

I was out for about an hour or so and couldn't even keep my car clean, so I gave up.  Even an hour ago with some intense rates, it was not a pure snow.  Lots of ice pellets/graupel mixing in.  I have some pictures I'll post later.  We're approaching 4" but I think accumulation is over in terms of snow.

7 minutes ago, PghPirates27 said:

damn would 4" be the biggest event this winter? And of course i'm in dallas this week....

Sadly, yes.  This was the biggest snow we've had all winter and it came and went in about four hours.  Precip ending much sooner than expected, honestly.

At least it appears we won't get much plain rain to wash things away.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jwilson said:

Sadly, yes.  This was the biggest snow we've had all winter and it came and went in about four hours.  Precip ending much sooner than expected, honestly.

Glad the best rates weren't wasted on rain.

A bit of redemption for last month's screw job.

1 hour ago, jwilson said:

4 inches here all coming between 6 and 10 am. Light rain now and 34. Pretty much expected. Nice little storm. Now we have one more month for the big one.