Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
✨Pittsburgh PA ❄ Winter 2018-2019

north pgh

Just now, north pgh said:

I agree. Nobody is changing anything in our area not even WPC. Are they being cautious or do they not trust this WTOD? Fingers crossed. Remember it is nowcast time. F the models and time to sky watch.

Ehh..I’m reading the lakes thread, and it sound like everything is busting on the southern side.

I’m honestly thinking we could see no snow.

What I don't get from some of these models is that the low bops around Kentucky, to southern West Virginia, to Virginia, and then to Northeast Maryland. It doesn't seem to cut through PA like I saw earlier. So how much farther south did we need this thing? Should it have been bopping through Tennessee and North Carolina? 

The weather channel has just changed my local forecast to periods of rain with occasional mixing changing to 1-3 inches overnight. That was what the majority of us were saying on Monday. You can’t argue with history. It is what it is. 
Yep. WTOD sounds like call letters for a radio station. Maybe we should all start a radio station that just talks about all the times we've been through this over the years.

btw I would like to be wrong and start out and get a surprise front end thump of snow. For all the people that lurk on here and don’t post we all want it to snow heavily but unfortunately this happens. Some days it will happen but most times it will not. Next week we will all be back here doing it again. It’s fun and it’s our hobby and we can’t help it. Heck I’ll be here all weekend and will be excited tomorrow when we get our backend snow and wind and cold and we will be watching next week. There is nothing wrong with it. I went through it as a steelers fan this fall. 

Nowcast time....I have some light:snowwindow: white snow pellets falling 

44 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

If you want a laugh, read the NE and NYC threads....

I think anyone that lives there and complains should be forced to live and track storms here.

Yeah, but we average ~40 days of accumulating snow per year, which is the 3rd most behind only Cleveland and Buffalo among major US cities. (And I think this is a little better place to live for a lot of reasons)

So some others would laugh at your relentless complaining — esp those that average half as much snow and still get big storm droughts. All relative.

12 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

Yeah, but we average ~40 days of accumulating snow per year, which is the 3rd most behind only Cleveland and Buffalo among major US cities. (And I think this is a little better place to live for a lot of reasons)

So some others would laugh at your relentless complaining — esp those that average half as much snow and still get big storm droughts. All relative.

Huh? The NE corridor has had multiple historic storms in the last 5 years.

Yeah, great, we get 40 days of snow a year, but 35 of those are less than an inch.

I’ll gladly continue to complain as we live in probably one of the worst areas east of the Mississippi for big storms, and we are constantly 50 miles away from a huge hit in every direction. 

Block me if it bothers you, and I think most of the forum will agree with me.

Edit: And yes, this storm has gotten to me. Watching the foot plus amounts continue to push further and further north was truly frustrating, and it happens all the time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Huh? The NE corridor has had multiple historic storms in the last 5 years.

Yeah, great, we get 40 days of snow a year, but 35 of those are less than an inch.

I’ll gladly continue to complain as we live in probably one of the worst areas east of the Mississippi for big storms, and we are constantly 50 miles away from a huge hit in every direction. 

Block me if it bothers you, and I think most of the forum will agree with me.

A lot of your perception is off because parts of I95 have had an historic run (not sustainable), and nobody pays attention to areas to the Southwest.

NE is NE...they have no right to complain ever

The long term is a little different. I wouldn’t pack your bags to Cincinnati, Indianapolis, or DC to find more snow or big storm frequency over long term.

But there IS a complaint thread that is awesome to debate that.

Agree that this storm is frustrating and sucks since it was on the radar so long