Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
✨Pittsburgh PA ❄ Winter 2018-2019

north pgh

7 hours ago, Rd9108 said:

I'm gonna consume alot of alcohol and caffeine. 

lol slow down man, even if this storm doesn't work out it looks loaded for more threats, I counted at least 3 chances at big storms between now and end of Jan. Don't want to get burnt out. Until things really get close in I don't stay up for the overnight runs (Probably has something to do with getting up at 4:30am for work) but I'd rather check everything all at once in the morning.

5 hours ago, blackngoldrules said:

I guess once again, the timing is going to have to be perfect. When that low or lows ride up the front as it's moving through. I guess the UKIE has the low moving up the front quicker or the front coming in slower?

UKIE & CMC are the most NW right now, Euro ticked NW too, and would probably favor putting the jackpot zone in the NW quadrant of the state, it's not the far off and probably just noise at this range. EPS \ GEFS would probably be a decent hit though and are a better tool from this range.

55 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

lol slow down man, even if this storm doesn't work out it looks loaded for more threats, I counted at least 3 chances at big storms between now and end of Jan. Don't want to get burnt out. Until things really get close in I don't stay up for the overnight runs (Probably has something to do with getting up at 4:30am for work) but I'd rather check everything all at once in the morning.

Well it was more of a joke but I'm a firefighter so I'm up half the night anyway. I also like checking everything in the morning. Seems we have things going NW at this point which isn't a bad thing given the seasonal trend. 

1 minute ago, Rd9108 said:

Well it was more of a joke but I'm a firefighter so I'm up half the night anyway. I also like checking everything in the morning. Seems we have things going NW at this point which isn't a bad thing given the seasonal trend. 

I knew you were joking, figured I'd just give you a hard time about it.;) The next few weeks look as good as any for us to finally score a bigger snow so hopefully we don't fail with bad luck in timing or something.

Saw this in the Update NY thread, Euro just a little to far NW and there is a definitely warm tongue signature evident from the snow distribution.

ecmwf_ku_snow_newyork_210.png

1 hour ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

I knew you were joking, figured I'd just give you a hard time about it.;) The next few weeks look as good as any for us to finally score a bigger snow so hopefully we don't fail with bad luck in timing or something.

Saw this in the Update NY thread, Euro just a little to far NW and there is a definitely warm tongue signature evident from the snow distribution.

ecmwf_ku_snow_newyork_210.png

Damn, this is a map. The entire northeast is blanketed under more than 1 foot of snow. 

I think we are all just waiting for the blanket to be pulled out from underneath us....hoping it doesn’t happen, but if we went with 5 day models we’d have 150 inches of snow a year. I’m convinced SWPA is the worst place east of the Mississippi and north of the Carolinas for big storms.

• Like 2