Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
✨Pittsburgh PA ❄ Winter 2018-2019

north pgh

2 hours ago, Rd9108 said:

lAfRw2G.jpg

Several acceptable solutions for sure. Pretty much all options on the table and a new look every 6 hours. If there is a big storm I'm not worried about being in the bullseye per say (it would be nice) but just not a shutout followed by an arctic blast. 

Didn't take any measurements yet but looks like about 1. 5in or so. 

48 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

Solid 2” so far.  

Relative to the goose egg we had for a month, not too bad.  

Since it’s already looking like next weekend will be a test of our mental health, I’m gonna try to enjoy tonight and tomorrow morning.  :snowman:

Looks like 2 here now. Rates have picked up again so might add a bit more before it shuts down. Probably a good idea to not miss the forest through the trees and enjoy the falling snow for now. :snowwindow:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OutnOakmont said:

As a former Marylander (Annapolis) who has been in PGH for about 3 years now, it's goes both ways. My family back home was so jealous of the dustings we got in November and December. But now I'm jealous as they wait for 5-8" right now and presumably another big one later on. It's nice that it snows more frequently here but I do miss the intense storms on the coast. I don't know what's better- dry spells with big storms or little dustings somewhat regularly. *Sigh* 

Yeah it's all personal preference but I'll take any snow over no snow. Can't deny I'm itching for a true big dog though and getting little snows is even better when it's building a pack after a bigger storm and it stays cold for awhile. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeB_01 said:

The official is no different from my reading last night (2.5"). Since  I signed up for CoCoRaHS, I was able to get my melted equivalent which was .18"

Was that you who reported 2.5" of rain/melted snow....rookie mistake lol.  Remember the total includes the melted equivalent.  The actual physical snow measurement goes down below in the new snow box.  I know it's confusing at first.  Thanks for signing up.

4 minutes ago, TeaysValleyWV said:

Was that you who reported 2.5" of rain/melted snow....rookie mistake lol.  Remember the total includes the melted equivalent.  The actual physical snow measurement goes down below in the new snow box.  I know it's confusing at first.  Thanks for signing up.

Guilty! I fixed it though. Once I looked at the map and saw my number was way off, I went back in an edited it. 

So the 12z gfs doesnt look horrible for the next storm. Plus there seems to be loads of chances in the future with the models finally recognizing the pattern change. Looks like I'll be be busy tracking all week. Good thing my job allows me to sit around all day unless we get a call. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

I’m actually hoping that this storm slows down a little bit. My sister is getting married on Saturday in Youngstown. Not sure how this will go if there is 12-24 in of snow falling around us.

During snowmageddon everyone in the bureau got called into work and had to work for a few days straight. I'm worried that if we get a big storm that the same would happen to me. 

4 hours ago, Mailman said:

Happy Hour GFS coming in hot.

Odds are better than average for some significant winter weather when you see multiple runs on multiple models giving us something. Gotta love that 18z run though. 

Should be a fun week of tracking coming up. If the rug is going to get pulled out hopefully it happens early in the week.