Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018-2019 LES Season

josh_4184

25 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

After a wild night, cleared for a bit and dropped to -13.

IMG_8274.thumb.JPG.620ff156eabc6a80dea13d3e19458902.JPG

Nice, I picked up about 14" so far since yesterday well, combined with the snow from early in the week close to 2' has fallen. Definitely my deepest snow pack of the year for NWL. Might even fire up the sled for the first time/ :sled: After I take about 2 hours to clean up the snow lol :mapsnow:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Should be largest event of the season for Buffalo Metro area Today-Friday.

NE_Snow.png

Congrats, looks like a decent LES event for our areas to the west, biggest issue we are having is the extreme cold is killing the DGZ flake size. 6-12" for areas maybe more in local sports, APX is optimistic about a couple dominant bands setting up which can up the totals for certain locals.  

Man do I wish Lake Michigan was about 100 miles wider :) 

nam3km_asnow_ncus_61.png

4 minutes ago, josh_4184 said:

Congrats, looks like a decent LES event for our areas to the west, biggest issue we are having is the extreme cold is killing the DGZ flake size. 6-12" for areas maybe more in local sports, APX is optimistic about a couple dominant bands setting up which can up the totals for certain locals.  

Man do I wish Lake Michigan was about 100 miles wider :) 

nam3km_asnow_ncus_61.png

Should be a good freshener for you guys. Lake Erie looks to fully freeze by this weekend with the extreme cold. Matt off the tug has 4-5' potential. Another poster chased this to Watertown. 

17 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Should be a good freshener for you guys. Lake Erie looks to fully freeze by this weekend with the extreme cold. Matt off the tug has 4-5' potential. Another poster chased this to Watertown. 

Yea, we picked up about 5-8 form the clipper little lower than I was expecting, LES should give up about anther 12" through Friday, might be pushing 30" otg by then for my area.  lake Mich wont be freeze all the way but the ice is adding up

snowdepth.png

44 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

2-4’ of snow, winds gusting over 50 mph, temps around 0, wind chills -30s. Blizzard warnings issued, visibility is zero, going to be a all time event for Buffalo area. It’s a 1985 redux. Travel bans and state of emergencies issued. Haven’t seen a storm like this in awhile 

:snowman: Wow...enjoy!

• Like 1

Been getting 2-3 inches per day. The flakes are real small but the snow is heavy when the snow scoop gets full of it. It is like scooping corn starch. The main highway is like a Hockey rink. Probably could skate on it. One false move driving you are in Dire Straits. Luckily, not very many people driving around you have to watch out for. 

3 hours ago, wishforsnow said:

Been getting 2-3 inches per day. The flakes are real small but the snow is heavy when the snow scoop gets full of it. It is like scooping corn starch. The main highway is like a Hockey rink. Probably could skate on it. One false move driving you are in Dire Straits. Luckily, not very many people driving around you have to watch out for. 

Same here, the snow is like concrete once it piles up, picked another 5 or 6" since this morning. Whiteouts everywhere, closed my office at 1:00 today due to conditions, should start winding down tonight .

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty strong band setup last night for a couple hours just north of my location, 2-4" per hour rates per APX, doesn't happen very often in our LES Belts to see that intensity. 

Dominant band of lake effect snow dumped heavy snow along the M-32 corridor across the Gaylord area last night, roughly between 3 am and 5 am. This band produced between 4 and 8 inches of snow through that corridor, with substantially less snow on either side.

Marquette NWS reported up to 36 inches of snow from the Porkies to Twin Lakes. My parent's live out in Twin Lakes and can confirm this. Healthy convergance off of the increasing shirking open water on the big lake. Only about 5 inches here in Hancock. The convergence spread over to Baraga/L'anse where they reported a foot and they are right on the lake shore. I was wondering why they closed school there when there wasn't even any advisory out at the time of the cancellation. 

24 minutes ago, wishforsnow said:

Marquette NWS reported up to 36 inches of snow from the Porkies to Twin Lakes. My parent's live out in Twin Lakes and can confirm this. Healthy convergance off of the increasing shirking open water on the big lake. Only about 5 inches here in Hancock. The convergence spread over to Baraga/L'anse where they reported a foot and they are right on the lake shore. I was wondering why they closed school there when there wasn't even any advisory out at the time of the cancellation. 

Next clear day should be interesting re: the lake ice.  I'm betting this wind has opened up a lot of water.