Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

5 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Weather channel has Columbus getting mix today no accumulations but snow tonight with 8-12"

Ummmm, I'll take the under on that.  That would require one hell of a defo thump.   

It's looking like one hell of a gradient is going to set up right thru central Ohio.  Someone could also get stuck under hours of heavy sleet in the defo band while 1mile north its pounding snow. 

Hope you've all filled your Xanax scripts 

• Haha 1

Just now, buckeye said:

Ummmm, I'll take the under on that.  That would require one hell of a defo thump.   

It's looking like one hell of a gradient is going to set up right thru central Ohio.  Someone could also get stuck under hours of heavy sleet in the defo band while 1mile north its pounding snow. 

Hope you've all filled your Xanax scripts 

I've resigned myself to either rain or sleet today. Just looking forward to tonight's snow.

The deform band is going to be impressive wherever it gets going and can last the longest...sometime this afternoon/evening...it's going to be rip city somewhere...as of last nights models it looked like it could have been around here ..... SE Cincy...the models have shown the band over muti model suites at various times, from S Central Indiana- E of Cincy...up through Columbus...the rates should be intense. I still like the cold winning at some point-- backside accumulations have been good down here, this year- that's different from previous years IMO -- the qpf/lift was gone by the time the cold air came.

Let the frustration go and enjoy this powerful storm....at least down here...3-5" events aren't easy to come by....particularly if its dumped in a compressed period of time.

27 minutes ago, buckeye said:

This is a very accurate precip type radar.

You're all gonna need one lol

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/WXTYPE/loop25ne.html

Thanks for sharing...will keep it refreshed for sure! I bought some steaks yesterday in the rush to grocery....I run my grill year round....not saying it's for sure, but it is a possibility.

I think it’s time to stop looking at models.  I think 70 is going to be ok in the end even with some mix today.  It was always going to be on the line and likely see at least some precip other than snow, so no one should be panicking just yet.  Seems to at least be starting as snow around Columbus.  Let’s see how long that lasts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jbcmh81 said:

I think it’s time to stop looking at models.  I think 70 is going to be ok in the end even with some mix today.  It was always going to be on the line and likely see at least some precip other than snow, so no one should be panicking just yet.  Seems to at least be starting as snow around Columbus.  Let’s see how long that lasts.

Love your optimism....we need some

I stand corrected - just decided to go outside and sleeting pretty good.  Driveway and street are covered.  Even saw the mailman come before 9:30.

I know better than to think this way, but I'm starting to think this will end up like the early Dec 2013 storm, where we were projected to get up to a foot and ended up with around 3", IIRC.