Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

On 12/19/2018 at 7:29 AM, buckeye said:

We've never had shortages of bones being thrown at us.....we get boned all the time by the models.    Our problem is getting one with some actual meat.

Yeah, just sickening having this track before Christmas and it being all rain. Winter has essentially died here for a good while now. Occasional 3-5" but even that's becoming a rarity. 

6 minutes ago, Steve said:

This has got to be the most boring stretch of winter ever!!! And the 10 day forecast is more of the same.. Just about ready for severe season!!

Well, at least we still have our dignity by only giving this winter 3 pages of respect so far.    Unlike the MA forum that is closing in on 300 pages of winter weather discussion threads since late October, with even less snowfall than we have to show for it.  :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

February was the real torcher that winter.

Referring to '11/'12

One similarity is that we were constantly chasing a unicorn pattern change throughout January that never materialized.  Then that insane torch hit in Feb and March.   90s in Michigan...in March!   That was crazy, probably will never see anything close to that again in our lifetimes.

• Like 1

Well this is just horrible. You know winter is bad when you can't even get a fantasy storm. GEM had one at 12z yesterday,  but it was gone by 0z. It's actually becoming quite incredible. Almost as if there has been an atmospheric shift over Ohio. Relatively no winter for 4 years outside of a couple 4-5" storms. Can't ever remember a drought like this..

1 hour ago, dilly84 said:

Well this is just horrible. You know winter is bad when you can't even get a fantasy storm. GEM had one at 12z yesterday,  but it was gone by 0z. It's actually becoming quite incredible. Almost as if there has been an atmospheric shift over Ohio. Relatively no winter for 4 years outside of a couple 4-5" storms. Can't ever remember a drought like this..

Not having a winter storm warning in almost 4 years really sums it up. I don't think I've seen anything more than 6" since the March 2008 blizzard. Somethings got to give and hopefully that can happen here in the next couple of months.

1 hour ago, snowlover2 said:

Not having a winter storm warning in almost 4 years really sums it up. I don't think I've seen anything more than 6" since the March 2008 blizzard. Somethings got to give and hopefully that can happen here in the next couple of months.

The good news is climo always has a way of balancing out which means when we do get our groove back, it should be pretty nice....the bad news is that could be this year or in 3 years.

Fwiw, the 384 hour gfs and most lr guidance looks ready to bring the hammer down temp-wise.   Get ready for a long stretch,of brutal cold with pennies and nickels. 

5 minutes ago, buckeye said:

The good news is climo always has a way of balancing out which means when we do get our groove back, it should be pretty nice....the bad news is that could be this year or in 3 years.

Fwiw, the 384 hour gfs and most lr guidance looks ready to bring the hammer down temp-wise.   Get ready for a long stretch,of brutal cold with pennies and nickels. 

Sometimes it takes pennies & nickels to get to dimes & quarters. Lol

9 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Yeah, but if the storm track is right, it could be paradise on earth and a very late blossoming winter I imagine.

Would love a 2010 redux.   One thing I remember about that stretch of awesomeness is that the gfs started showing epic snowstorms piling up in the fantasy range .....it of course screwed up the details but nailed the 2-3' of snow on snow we ended  up getting.   

That's what I'm looking for....storminess signal in the LR about the time the cold comes south.   Really no threats showing up yet in any of the LR guidance.