Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

Just now, buckeye said:

AMEN....  I'll give it to them with a ribbon.  Misery =  icestorm power outtages with brutal cold incoming.

Not sure if the TT maps are screwy but the 12zGEM actually improved with the snowfall for us from 00z.

Agreed, slight improvement. At this stage that's a win. lol

Just now, JayPSU said:

The good news is very VERY rarely do those icestorm model solutions ever verify in our area.

And the GEM is actually nice.  The temps just absolutely crash while heavy qpf is still around and we get a nice thumping.

Yea, it looks to be really ripping when the cold air comes crashing in.

Just now, buckeye said:

good to see you posting again

The ukie looks awesome, 1103 low in n. GA getting ready to head north

Thanks, can’t say I’ll be here a lot, but the pattern is interesting to say the least...finally.  Tons of storminess and potential record cold... I’ll at least be around until it gets boring again.   

So that would be 3 good runs.

8 minutes ago, jbcmh81 said:

Thanks, can’t say I’ll be here a lot, but the pattern is interesting to say the least...finally.  Tons of storminess and potential record cold... I’ll at least be around until it gets boring again.   

So that would be 3 good runs.

Always enjoy your analogs.

3 minutes ago, buckeye said:

looks like the fv3 goes to the nw trend side.    I can't tell how good the backside stuff is but definitely starts out warmer than the gfs and further nw than the 6z

Why do I have a feeling 'backside snow' will be the most popular phrase in the thread this weekend? lol

11 minutes ago, buckeye said:

looks like the fv3 goes to the nw trend side.    I can't tell how good the backside stuff is but definitely starts out warmer than the gfs and further nw than the 6z

Not surprising with the gfs doing the same. But it doesn't appear the gfs actually went nw with the low. Just stronger allowing more waa to work in.

3 minutes ago, vespasian70 said:

Why do I have a feeling 'backside snow' will be the most popular phrase in the thread this weekend? lol

I was thinking the other day that it's been forever since we had a rain changing to snow 'storm'.    I know it seems like it never happens but back in the day they seemed much more frequent.  And I'm not talking about 1" of rain followed by 1" of snow, I'm talking about a changeover that results in a winter storm warning.    It's been a long time since we've seen that but we have seen them.   I remember one in January '94 (or '95 lol...terrible with years), that went from rain to snow and counties to the north like Delaware and Union went to blizzard warnings..

• Like 1

The GEFS at noon is nearly identical in Central Kentucky in its progression and ends up b- lining it for West Virginia. This part is definitely north of earlier runs which had it sinking ESE somewhat. Most likely this just means the ensemble members with a suppressed look are vanishing. Still if that ensemble run happens we should be in pretty good shape....at least if that would end up the actual track.

5 minutes ago, buckeye said:

anyone else noticing a trend for a more sw to ne trajectory of the snow shield vs. w to e?

Yes....I think the noon sniffings by the models want to ramp (phase) the storm up....but at this point it hits the 5.7 billion dollar border steel fence we quickly erected south of the Ohio River....and is diverted away from Ohio.