Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

5 hours ago, Minnesota_storms said:

Crazy past month for weather. We go from -30F to record snow. Minneapolis has 30'' so far this month. There's still 2 more winter storms possible. Record could be broken by over a foot.

It could become one of the snowiest months on record. Currently tied in 10th.

52951174_2313845881982194_3716234780874899456_n.png.c729c9a6020696a84d4e342c0fffc419.png

huh? This is where the Ohio peeps go to hide...why troll 'em?

15 minutes ago, Baum said:

huh? This is where the Ohio peeps go to hide...why troll 'em?

Whose hiding?  We're just trying to bring some semblance of order to the most geographically fcked up sub forum on the board.   Kemtucky to the Upper Pennisula to Milwaukee to St.Louis....thats not a sub forum its a sub continent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Whose hiding?  We're just trying to bring some semblance of order to the most geographically fcked up sub forum on the board.   Kemtucky to the Upper Pennisula to Milwaukee to St.Louis....thats not a sub forum its a sub continent.

you forgot Canada  :lol:

6 hours ago, Minnesota_storms said:

Crazy past month for weather. We go from -30F to record snow. Minneapolis has 30'' so far this month. There's still 2 more winter storms possible. Record could be broken by over a foot.

It could become one of the snowiest months on record. Currently tied in 10th.

52951174_2313845881982194_3716234780874899456_n.png.c729c9a6020696a84d4e342c0fffc419.png

It’s Angrysummons brother!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, buckeye said:

It is rather strange. I'm seeing all these excited poster's comment in Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin and I'm thinking, where did they come from? I only thought we had 1 or 2 from each of those States. But when you think about it, many of these past winters, they did not have too much to talk about while we were getting slammed. Meanwhile they're talking about this like it's some great Winter (which for them it is) and im over here all meh. Certainly its not the worst and there have been a few exciting moments, but with all the fun that has happened the past 15 years, this Winter is going to slide wayyy down to the bottom of the memory bank as soon as it's over. 

Is this some weird anomaly? Not at all. It's to be expected that when one area does well another won't do as well and vice versa. It's going to be virtually impossible for this entire sub to be enjoying the same type of season (ie good or bad), which really does make you wonder why this huge sub isnt split further.

8 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

It is rather strange. I'm seeing all these excited poster's comment in Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin and I'm thinking, where did they come from? I only thought we had 1 or 2 from each of those States. But when you think about it, many of these past winters, they did not have too much to talk about while we were getting slammed. Meanwhile they're talking about this like it's some great Winter (which for them it is) and im over here all meh. Certainly its not the worst and there have been a few exciting moments, but with all the fun that has happened the past 15 years, this Winter is going to slide wayyy down to the bottom of the memory bank as soon as it's over. 

Is this some weird anomaly? Not at all. It's to be expected that when one area does well another won't do as well and vice versa. It's going to be virtually impossible for this entire sub to be enjoying the same type of season (ie good or bad), which really does make you wonder why this huge sub isnt split further.

Don't forget that we all used to be in the Central/Western subforum prior to the creation of the Lakes/Ohio Valley subforum.  I don't think the admins would be too keen on adding additional subforums at this point.  Besides, the issue of Ohio and other areas fighting over storms has largely been resolved since the creation of the separate regional threads.

Of course the folks who are in these threads are welcome to participate in the main storm threads too.  Almost all of us are adults here and there's no reason that people from Wisconsin can't have productive storm discussion with people from Ohio without feeling like somebody is trying to take the storm away from them (as if that's possible, lol)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Don't forget that we all used to be in the Central/Western subforum prior to the creation of the Lakes/Ohio Valley subforum.  I don't think the admins would be too keen on adding additional subforums at this point.  Besides, the issue of Ohio and other areas fighting over storms has largely been resolved since the creation of the separate regional threads.

Of course the folks who are in these threads are welcome to participate in the main storm threads too.  Almost all of us are adults here and there's no reason that people from Wisconsin can't have productive storm discussion with people from Ohio without feeling like somebody is trying to take the storm away from them (as if that's possible, lol)

Don't get me wrong I love our sub forum and we really have a good group here, easily the most drama free group in this entire forum I would have to imagine. Its just strange when you can see a New York City sub forum and then one that ranges across practically the entire center of the country lol

11 hours ago, vespasian70 said:

IMHO, the sub is fine as is. A separate thread for the OH valley works well, especially since there aren't too many of us OH folks left. Perhaps ON could do with a similar one?

Agreed, the subtitle does include "Ohio and Surrounding States" tho, so if someone is not in one of the immediate surrounding states does necessarily mean they can't post in this sub.

13 hours ago, vespasian70 said:

IMHO, the sub is fine as is. A separate thread for the OH valley works well, especially since there aren't too many of us OH folks left. Perhaps ON could do with a similar one?

1 hour ago, HighTechEE said:

Agreed, the subtitle does include "Ohio and Surrounding States" tho, so if someone is not in one of the immediate surrounding states does necessarily mean they can't post in this sub.

I'm with you guys.   My original comment was a reply to baum who made reference to Ohio peeps 'hiding' in here.   Like I said, it ain't hiding, it's just our simple way of narrowing the focus in this massive sub.

Plus, we've all seen in past storm threads how fast they can turn into a dumpster fire when the threat is still several days out and models are still honing in on a track.   There are very few threats that turn out mutually well for both Columbus and Chicago.  It just is what is.

I am waving the white towel. We have a pool and lots of trees. I have pumped water off the pool cover four times this winter....and lost count of how many times I've fished leaves off the top. Now the yard is a war zone of limbs and twigs....and the pool has more leaves in it than water......ready for a long spate of calm, sunny....warm spring days. Time to look for a condo in Marquette, Michigan. I'll have to find a new wife though....mine would never go. :weep::weep:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, iluvsnow said:

I am waving the white towel. We have a pool and lots of trees. I have pumped water off the pool cover four times this winter....and lost count of how many times I've fished leaves off the top. Now the yard is a war zone of limbs and twigs....and the pool has more leaves in it than water......ready for a long spate of calm, sunny....warm spring days. Time to look for a condo in Marquette, Michigan. I'll have to find a new wife though....mine would never go. :weep::weep:

Looks like about 2 weeks of some unusually cold temps.   I suspect it'll be a dry cold period bookended with rain.     Then hopefully we put this winter to bed.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Make it end please....:facepalm:

Snip-it_1551127573562.jpg

Lock it in....guaranteed to verify (LMAO)-- such is the life we live during winter, here in Ohio!

The irony is spot on that you can't help but laugh; particularly with Buckeyes comment...no one is better at getting kicked when they are down than this part of the sub-forum. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

Lock it in....guaranteed to verify (LMAO)-- such is the life we live during winter, here in Ohio!

The irony is spot on that you can't help but laugh; particularly with Buckeyes comment...no one is better at getting kicked when they are down than this part of the sub-forum. 

Can always count on OH peeps for a pick-me-up when I'm feeling down on my winter luck up here in the Mitt ;)