Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

16 minutes ago, OHweather said:

The convection is pushing the mixing line back south...Dayton is snowing again (KDAY reporting thunder snow!) and the Columbus airports are starting to flip again too...if you're struggling and along/north of 70 farther east should improve when the convection moves east. 

I can verify the thundersnow about 30 minutes ago.

Just now, Angrysummons said:

2 in the last hour? Not a chance. I am in DAY right now and it has been heavy sleet for a hour now. You don't count sleet as snow. Whoever is working there should be fired.

I actually believe that report. Been getting huge snowflakes at a heavy rate here for at least the last 30 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

No, it is heavy sleet. I saw this same stuff during GHD 2011. It looks like snow, but it is not. CMH had this same thing in February 2014 and had to revise down snow totals from 10.7 inches to 6.8 inches in a similar fashion.

Big puffy balls of sleet I guess.  It did sleet all the way up to Troy and then changed back to snow about as far south as the middle of Dayton when the thunderstorms moved in.  The visibility also really dropped at the airport when that happened.  You must've not been watching? Or are well south of KDAY? The sleet line is inching back north now so DAY likely goes back over to it before much longer.  If it was really all sleet as you claim and they got 2" in an hour, that'd be even more nuts than if it was snow. 

Looks like 3-5" panned out across Franklin County...Dayton was on a gradient with 4-5" north and probably 2" south.  ILN's office got an inch of snow and almost a quarter inch of ice.  The idea went well but I was probably 10 or 20 miles too generous with my 1-2 and 2-4" southern cutoffs...the 3-6" area seems to be going well.  Too bad it happened so early in the morning, hard to beat thundersnow in terms of excitement.  I've been at work since 3:30 AM which is why I've been so involved in the wee hours of the morning. 

20 minutes ago, OHweather said:

Looks like 3-5" panned out across Franklin County...Dayton was on a gradient with 4-5" north and probably 2" south.  ILN's office got an inch of snow and almost a quarter inch of ice.  The idea went well but I was probably 10 or 20 miles too generous with my 1-2 and 2-4" southern cutoffs...the 3-6" area seems to be going well.  Too bad it happened so early in the morning, hard to beat thundersnow in terms of excitement.  I've been at work since 3:30 AM which is why I've been so involved in the wee hours of the morning. 

You were spot on for Newark. Over 4" now and snowing like crazy.

• Like 1